Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use native update without any problems. Lion 10.7 - 10.7.2
P7P55D + i5 750
MacPro 3,1
Everything fine, even Sleep! (in Snow Leo i used kext for it)
But, I don't use VodooHDA, cause sometimes KP on boot... (in SL voodoo worked fine)
But I'm using USB M-Audio Sound and happy!

Non-original Kext in use on Lion:
ATI5000Controller
ATIFramebuffer
ATISupport
FakeSMC with plugins for monitoring
Jmicron SATA/eSATA
RealtekR1000SL
That's All

Installed combo update on my GA-H55M-UD2H (F11), Core i3, 8400GS - no problems except one KP, I deleted old Voodoo HDA kext before reboot. Installed Voodoo HDA 0.2.7.3 with MultiBeast after reboot. Had a KP when installing the Voodoo kext, but sound working on restart with system preference panel installed and working (?)

I activated iCloud on my iPad 2 while installing 10.7.2 and have had no problems logging into or using iCloud on my Hackintosh. Everything else working 100% so far.. :thumbup:

installed combo update, KP at first boot, after reboot, everything goes fine :D

I use native update without any problems.
10.7.2 works great for me!

System: Motherboard Intel DP43TF
CPU: Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2,39 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

maymayhk said:
Rick5 said:
Macster9000 said:
i did the 10.7.2 update and now have no USB support.
i now have no control of the system.

Same thing happened to me ... but I did have aCCC backup so to Pacifist and extracted the USB rollbacks from MB and installed them with Kext Wizard and Voila!!!! USB was back.

I hope you have a backup...perhaps you can do the same.

What Motherboard do you have?

R.

After applying 10.7.2 and before rebooting my lion, I ran MB and rolled back USB. Still lost USB after that. Just wondering how I can manually backup the working USB driver files (the USB rollback files) and install them after 10.7.2 and before rebooting.

My Mobo - GA-G41M-Combo

Many thanks!!!

Yeah!! After 2 days of re-installation, finally got my 10.7.2 up and running!!

Here is a brief installation sequence for my lion 10.7.2 box:

1) boot with "iboot legacy" to install 10.6.2 from retail DVD

2) boot with "iboot legacy" to install 10.6.7 combo, install MB 3.7.1 (system utilities, USB rollback, chameleon bootloader, PCI Root ID fix, MacPro3,1 system definition) and install netcard driver AtheroslcEthernet.kext with KextBeast before restarting

3) boot with "iboot legacy" and run MB 3.7.1 again (I don't know why but this is the only way to get my USB mouse and keyboard back)

4) reboot from hard disk, at chameleon boot menu select and boot from "xMoved" Lion 10.7 partition

5) reboot and install 10.7.2 combo and DONE! Everything works here, app store and icloud!!!

I've tried other MB versions available, it seems that my hardware config only takes the MB 3.7.1.

Anyway, big thanks to you guys!!! Happy iclouding!!! :headbang:

TKhaldi said:
I used to have such problems. I got past it by disabling Legacy USB in BIOS.

No change :/
I must've screwed up one of the kexts, I'm gonna try booting with one of my old ATI cards (4890, 4870 etc) and see if I can get somewhere.

If I clone a working copy of Snow Leopard on to a separate drive, then update it to Lion, will i have any inherent issues with booting up as I normally do with Chameleon?

Or will it just add a LION boot option to my normal chameleon boot screen?

I just want to make sure nothing happens to my main boot discs, while I test out Lion on another drive...

relvvy said:
macbookpro32 said:
10.7.2 screwed up my wireless connection. the ralink client software that I have does not connect automatically to my secured wifi connection. It connects to my neighbor's unsecured connection and there's no way for me to select my current connection.

I use Ralink Wireless Utility as well. Have you tried creating a profile for your wireless connection?

As seen in the attachment...

Try uninstalling and re-installing the utility.

I always create a profile. It was working great until I updated to 10.7.2. Now it just connects automatically to an unsecured wireless connection. It's not giving me the option to connect to my wifi connection. Currently I'm reformatting my HD right now. Is there a way for me to get 10.7.1 again?

wlp5 said:
rooney72 said:
Please suggest anything at this point. I don't want to go over the whole process of formatting and re-installing. By the way I have an external drive which contains all my time machine backups but with this panic kernel state I cannot access them

What you need to do is boot into a Lion rescue environment and restore one of your backups. If you haven't one of those, don't worry, you can do the same with the Snow Leopard disc. Boot to it like you used to install SL and you'll find a Time Machine Restore option at the Utilities. Afterwards, you'll need to boot with iboot into your installation since probably the boot loader isn't there. Boot, install chimera or whatever you use and you're done.

Ok I managed to go for system restore

The Mac told me that I successfully restored and I need to restart

So I restarted but the panic state showed.

SO I restarted with iboot CD in and chose iboot and again Panic

What next? What am I doing wrong here?

Hi there folks,
I'm using ASUS p8p67-Evo motherboard with Asus HD 6950. And here is the deal,
I'm using 10.7.1 fluently there is only problem with Audio anyway.
When i try to update to 10.7.2 in both ways with combo uptade or normal one,
with booting Chameleon 2.1 1618 i got only turning wheel,but when i use rBoot disc i get grey screen with mouse even after 4-5 times of boot.
What can i do to boot into lion? Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back