Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated and now iTunes crashes every time I try to open.

I had Snow leopard installation way back in April (I think). Throughout that time I enjoyed my Mac world. I even updated to Lion until recently ... The latest update by Apple on Lion was too tempting not to upgrade with all this icloud etc etc

I managed to upgrade but as usual the sound was unheard. So like always I assumed I had to use Multibeest to roll back drivers. And here is the thing

First I tried to roll back with Multibeest intended for Lion and nothing ... no sound heard.
Then I tried my luck and used Multibeest for Snow Leopard and inevitable happend. There is Panic screen.

I tried many things. I stopped the loading of OS and typing -x. Nothing
I inserted My old iboot CD and again Panic attack.

Please suggest anything at this point. I don't want to go over the whole process of formatting and re-installing. By the way I have an external drive which contains all my time machine backups but with this panic kernel state I cannot access them

Just another help to my previous post

In the panic mode page

Mac OS version: Not yet set

Maybe it means something.

In any case I even tried a cd with rboot and iboot and none worked

HELP SOS

Hardware:
Asus P8P67 Pro rev3.1
Intel Core i7-2600k
16GB Ram
ATI 4890 1GB

I have gotten 10.7.2 installed

Install update and restart. For my Audio I had to run MultiBeast 4.02 2 time with System Util and Audio Drivers.

Successful installation!

Did full backup of 10.7 partition with CCC, and downloaded latest Multibeast and iBoot (and created CD in case I needed it). Rebooted and installed with combo updater (not from SW update). Ran MultiBeast for Lion with DSDT, alc8xxhda and Apple Hda rollback, and system utils. Rebooted and voila, everything seems to be working. I have tried AppStore successfully. Can't do iCloud yet because I'm waiting for the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak so I still need to use MM syncing for my iPhone.

I also downloaded latest RaLink drivers from their web site, and an annoying problem with my scanner cutting off my USB wireless seems to be resolved. I would still like to get the wireless network configured as the computer reboots (rather than after I log in) so I could use it more reliably as a server. I also wonder if I could get my USB 3 ports working.

One last nit to pick - I had before the update (and still have) very slow shutdown time. The cursor spins on the grey screen for over 30 seconds before the computer shuts down. Not sure what it's waiting on.

rooney72 said:
Please suggest anything at this point. I don't want to go over the whole process of formatting and re-installing. By the way I have an external drive which contains all my time machine backups but with this panic kernel state I cannot access them

What you need to do is boot into a Lion rescue environment and restore one of your backups. If you haven't one of those, don't worry, you can do the same with the Snow Leopard disc. Boot to it like you used to install SL and you'll find a Time Machine Restore option at the Utilities. Afterwards, you'll need to boot with iboot into your installation since probably the boot loader isn't there. Boot, install chimera or whatever you use and you're done.

Updated, ran Multibeast, managed to reboot (only getting 1024x768), installed new nvidia-kexts with modifications for my GFX (gtx 570, id 1081) and now I can't start no matter what parameters I use.

Just letting iBoot do its thing I get this:
scaled.php

Trying any combination of the following parameters (-x, -v, -f, PCIRootUID=1 etc) gets me stuck here:
scaled.php

And doing a clean boot from an rBoot CD my monitor loses signal when I expect the GUI to show up.

So now all I can do is boot my Windows drive and hope for better weather or something :<

Macster9000 said:
updated and now iTunes crashes every time I try to open.

Is that the newest iTunes? There is a newer version out for 10.7.2 ... perhaps try that.

I believe it is iTunes 10.5

R.

kiki69 said:
hi all,

I tried the combo update with no success. :?

I tried to boot with the rBoot CD : -x or -PCIRootUID also, same thing. i have a message about low volume disk; And the famus still waiting for root device !

How can I reinstalled my last backup done with TimeMachine ?

BTW, how do we use exactly use rBoot? I did'nt understand the xMove boots function described in the web page.
Thanks,
I believe you must have a system in place in order to restore from time machine. Better to have a CCC or SuperDuper clone. :think:

hillerstorm said:
Updated, ran Multibeast, managed to reboot (only getting 1024x768), installed new nvidia-kexts with modifications for my GFX (gtx 570, id 1081) and now I can't start no matter what parameters I use.

Just letting iBoot do its thing I get this:

Trying any combination of the following parameters (-x, -v, -f, PCIRootUID=1 etc) gets me stuck here:

And doing a clean boot from an rBoot CD my monitor loses signal when I expect the GUI to show up.

So now all I can do is boot my Windows drive and hope for better weather or something :<
I used to have such problems. I got past it by disabling Legacy USB in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back