Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hotbari said:
Xiao Bing said:
I managed to editing the "NVDAGF100Hal.kext" in S/L/E and added my Nvidia GT 430 Device ID and also edited the "GeForce.kext" in S/L/E also inserting Device ID as read in the first post of this

I have the same Graphics Card and the same issues. Can you post the exact text you changed on both of those kext's? Or better yet, attach them so I can compare or just use instead?

Thanks.

These are the lines I replaced:

In NVDAGF100Hal.kext: I added the line here written in Bold

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
0x06c010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0dc010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x0e2010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0ee010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0f0010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x104010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x124010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x0de110de&amp;0xffc0ffff

In Geforce.kext: I replaced what was written in this line (just that single line) with this written in Bold

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x03000000&amp;0xff000000</string>
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x0de110de&amp;0xffc0ffff</string>

Please help me. After updating to 10.7.2, I got this at start up:

Attachments

• verbose.JPG
    verbose.JPG
    320.4 KB · Views: 210
  • safe mode.JPG
    safe mode.JPG
    285.9 KB · Views: 219
  • rBoot safe mode.JPG
    rBoot safe mode.JPG
    292.4 KB · Views: 269
  • rBoot verbose.JPG
    rBoot verbose.JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 218
Hello,

after upgrading to 10.7.2 I have some issues with my graphics adapter (at least I think it is the graphics ;-)). I'm using a HD3000 and am using MacPro 3.1 as system definition. Till the update everything went fine. After upgrading I now have problems in graphics applications (Pixelmator and Aperture). As soon as I zoom in a picture and try to apply some brushes or anything, I have an offset of the mouse pointer and strange artefacts. When I zoom out everything is running fine again. Any ideas?

Thanks

Working 10.7.2 Asus Sabertooth P67 from 10.7.1. Followed the same procedure listed below for updating from 10.7 to 10.7.1.

firstly if you use the 10.7 sleepenabler you need to delete the kext and the System\Library\Caches\com.apple.kext.caches\Startup\Extensions.mkext and kernelcache files otherwise you will recieve a kernel panic on boot up.

Secondly - Audio and this one is odd. To get your sound working again copy the ALC892HDA51B.kext, HDAEnabler892.kext and AppleHDA.kext to your desktop from the System\Library\Extensions folder BEFORE installing the update. After the update and a reboot delete the same files from System\Library\Extensions and delete the System\Library\Caches\com.apple.kext.caches\Startup\Extensions.mkext and kernelcache files. Once thats done use kext utility and in this order reinstall the kests that you copied to your desktop..

1) ALC892HDA51B.kext
2) HDAEnabler892.kext
3) AppleHDA.kext

That should get it all back up and running nicely enough.

Andy was nice enough to send this to me....

However I did have difficulty replacing the files above into my extension folder. Ultimately I had to use the terminal to copy over the files then rebuild permissions.

I used cp - a "the file" "the destination folder (/System/Extensions)"

I then ran Onyx and ran all the cleanup scripts and rebuilt permissions a final time.

It just Works!

The update works for me too. I had to reinstall the ACL888 and HDA8xx drivers.
Only i have some problem with the wake from sleeping. Sleep works fine, the computer turns off, but when i turn it on, just black screen and i have to reset the machine, and then the CMOS set to default. Any ideas? [sorry for my bad english :oops: ]

I know how to create a profile boss. I did that all the time when I had SL and Lion 10.7.1. Like I've said I never encoutered problems with past versions. It won't allow me to select my wifi connection for some reason it connects automatically to the open wifi connection which does not belong to me. Just to let you know I've uninstalled and reinstalled the application it still does the same thing.

hi all,

I tried the combo update with no success. :?

I tried to boot with the rBoot CD : -x or -PCIRootUID also, same thing. i have a message about low volume disk; And the famus still waiting for root device !

How can I reinstalled my last backup done with TimeMachine ?

BTW, how do we use exactly use rBoot? I did'nt understand the xMove boots function described in the web page.

Thanks,

Success!
System:
3.31 gHz i5
16 GB Ram
RadeonHD 6870 w/ 1GB RAM
2 1TB drives
Gigabyte DSDT-GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3-F4
Dual-boot Mac OS 10.7.2 & Windows 7 64-bit

Cloned drive to external 1GB
Ran ComboUpdate, kernel panic on reboot.
Booted from rBoot.
Ran MultiBeast 4.0.1
User DSDT (The updated DSDT-GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3-F4.aml from the site)
Realtek LAN
AudioRollback: 889
FakeSMC & Plug-ins
System Utilities

Rebooted, no audio. Re-ran MultiBeast 4.0.1 with just Audio settings.

Working like a charm. iCloud is syncing with my new iPhone 4S and my iPad and Aperture is updating my Photo Stream.

Life is good.

System has nVidia GTX 260 graphics card using DSDT edits to enable. After the update had no graphics support (monitors lost signal as soon as GUI tried to start). Installed the generic DSDT with 'GraphicsEnabler = Y' and 'ncpi = 0x2000' in the plist, and now the system starts fine. Now just need to sort the audio and I will be all set.

still no way to fix the 'still waiting for root device' after re-creating the kext cache?

thanks in advance,
cili0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back