Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
st1lgar said:
The only problems are :
- the display will stay in 1024x768 unless I set it in iBoot to 1280x1024.

- Why iBoot? Because otherwise OS X will NOT boot from it's drive :banghead: . The startup will get stuck in the screen with the apple in the center. When doing a verbose boot, the error shown is about a firewire interface, for which the system decides it should set come permissions...

So if I want OS X I have to put the iBoot disk in, and it works.

Any of you guys seen this before? It would be awesome to be able to boot from disk :confused: ?

I'm having the exact same issue... My graphics card is a Nvida GeForce 9500GT

ainsoph said:
@st1lgar maybe your graphics card is messing something that interferes with the firewire interface. Which card are you using?

But then, why does iBoot boots the OS X just fine and Chameleon?!? not...
My guess is they differ in the contents of the initial (read default or generic) drivers.

Mine is the on-board one... intel GMA 3000
here's the specs:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_ ... ifications

Thanks!

There's nothing better than the smell of victory.... :headbang:
Hurray! I have successfully been able to update to Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

NOTE: If you follow tonymacx86 and insanelymac blog, you won't face any issues. As always keep a clone of your working mac.

NOW, I am all set for Lion :headbang:

And what ... pray tell .... should we do about the new migration assistant update for 10.6.8?
Is that a mandatory install?

Sorry...maybe this isn't the place to ask this.

R.

In case anyone is interested, I went ahead and did the migration assistant update.
No big deal ... a couple of minutes and no problems so far. Even did a restart to be certain.

R.

I am about to attempt the 10.6.8 update again. I am running 10.6.7 right now.

Last time I tried the update was a month ago and I have not had time to try it again since.

I was trying to update my nVidia graphics and I got this?
tonyd.png

Need some help here and if someone could point me to another post where this is covered that would be helpful.

Jay

hi every body, i am new to all that, but finally i instaled snowleopard on my laptop aspire 6930g

with i boot legacy
after i updated to 10.6.8 I'm stuck on the apple screen after reboot, i did not run multibeast at all it gives me this [ PCI Configuration begin ] issue

after that i tried many things in the boot menu -x -v PCIRootUID=1 -x
nothings work and then it gives me this first screen in the -v mode with iboot
and the second one with iboot legacy (it gives this[ PCI Configuration begin ] issue)

how can i see my snow leopard again :banghead:

photo.JPG
photo.JPG

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 261
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    679.3 KB · Views: 268
Migration Assistant has been updated! If you need this for your real Macs, make sure to check software updates before doing anything with Lion!

Just an FYI, in case anyones ADD about updates, or doesn't like to do them, hehe ;)
Screen shot 2011-07-20 at 5.43.30 AM.png

~~Grave

***Edit***

Seems I'm about 20 mins too late in posting, lol.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-07-20 at 5.43.30 AM.png
    748 KB · Views: 255
Gravewyrm said:
Migration Assistant has been updated! If you need this for your real Macs, make sure to check software updates before doing anything with Lion!

Just an FYI, in case anyones ADD about updates, or doesn't like to do them, hehe ;)

~~Grave

***Edit***

Seems I'm about 20 mins too late in posting, lol.

Just ran the update wondering what would pop up and saw it too! I guess im 1hr behind you =P

Do the intel HD 3000 integrated graphics work with lion? In 10.6.8 they are not supported. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back