Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I've got a new build using the sandy bridge guide of tonymac.

It contains the following components :

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6870 OC
RAM: G skill ripjaws 4 x 4 gb (only 4gb installed during installation)

Whenever I try to install the combo update, it is restarting automatically.
Here is what I do:

First I install Mac OS X 10.6.3.
Then I open multibeast (without doing anything with it)
Then I run the combo update. It is asking me in the beginning if I want to reboot my system after installation. The only option I can choose is Yes, because otherwise the installation can't be completed.
After the installation the system reboots (so I can't use multibeast).

Can someone tell me what's causing this issue? :(

Kind regards,

dotcom87

i have 10.6.7 installed already, and i wanna be ready for lion.
now i tried to install the 10.6.8 combo update before and it won't boot to my mac.
it just stuck on the apple logo, and won't even load, tried to boot with iboot, and i crashed, tried through safe mode, the result was the same.
i use the iBoot Legacy 2.7.2, not the default iBoot.
what can i do to solve this problem????
all help will be appreciated!!!!

After some time using tonysmacx86 method with iboot&multibeast I have managed to instal sucesfully Snow Leopard retail 10.6.3 and upraged it to 10.6.8. It took me lots of time to get all graphic card, ethernet card, and sound to work but it works now, which is great felling.

But i got small problem i.e. sometimes system got freeze and info appears that this computer needs to be restarted. Sometimes i can work with the system for a long time and somtimes i can be 10 or 15 min before it got to freeze mode and restart.

Can anyone advice why this might happend, has anyone have the same problem and if anything can be done about it?

10.6.8 hates my radeon 5770, i had a perfectly working 10.6.7 install. ran the update, ran multibeast with my userdst and boom, now i cannot boot, not even in safe mode nor iboot. i was only doing this to buy & install lion. glad i didn't waste my money... back to windows, been fun guys!

Just wanted to post that I downloaded the Full Combo Update and applied it with no issues (from prev 10.6.6). Braced myself but audio/network/video all working fine. Tony it just keeps getting better and better. Now it's time to look into Lion. :)

I have a fully working 10.6.7 but decided to update to 10.6.8 last night to be able to update to Lion, Now it wont boot, get s stuck at that [PCI Configuration '''] stall. I tried using the latest iBoot, the the npci=0x2000 boot flage still no go. I manually placed the AppleACPIPlatform kxt and the IOPCIFamily kext to the Extras folder but no dice. What are the some ther options? I cannot even boot into it.

Hello there, I have successfully upgraded to 10.6.8 after some first initial failures.

I have an Asus Maximus Formula II (P45) and these are the steps I did.

1. I used the 10.6.8 combo update but I din't restart the system.
2. Run multibeast to install IOUSBFamily Rollback.
3. Deleted the sleepenabler.kext and openhaltrestart.kext from Extra/Extensions (not everyone uses them)
I also deleted AppleHDA (because I use the Voodoo one in Extra/Extensions)
4. Replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext form the 10.6.7 installation.
5. Run Kext utility to fix permissions.
6. Restarted the system

Everything finally went fine!!!

7.I installed my Marvell kext for the ethernet.
8. I now use the latest iboot with the latest kernel (this also fixed the usb drives that couldn't be mounted)

I would like to thank everyone for the suggestions/solutions they made in this thread.

For those of us running the cheaper Gigabyte mobo, the H55M-S2V (F3 here), having come from 10.6.7 upgrading to 10.6.8 through Software Update (not with the standalone, Combo Update), all I had to do after the update and reboot was to run the current version of MultiBeast 3.8.0 and run the AppleHDA Rollback (to 10.6.2) and reboot to re-enable my audio (running the System Utilities for Permissions, etc.).

That's it. All up-to-date and good to go.

P55m-UD2 Working flawless - had to multibeast the audio (AppleHDA rollback) and the Network Driver with the RealTek choice.

All good though!

I have Galaxy 9800GT that has worked flawlessly for me with NVEnabler through 10.6.7. I moved to the Tony Drivers and was able to get everything work with Multibeast 3.7.2, but as soon as I moved to 3.8 the system boots up completely but I only see the Apple Logo on the screen. I can get in to the system remotely and everything I've tried doesn't seem to work. I have tried going to 10.6.8 and get the same results. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

swps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back