Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that the iBoot disc then the Snow Leopard partition works. What is iBoot doing that Snow Leopard can not to get the HD3000 working?

If I buy Lion can I do the iMove upgrade with this HD3000 or will I have the same no boot problem under Lion?

Hello Tony, thank you for all the info.

THis is my problem, i was working with 10.6.7 with no problems which was installed using your method on intel DP55WB core i3-530.

but i updated the system from software update to 10.6.8 and it rebooted
now i can not enter to the desktop iam getting kernel panic screen.
iam not using DST.

I tried to boot with thonymacx86P55, I used this for the previous installations.
but no result, always getting kernel panic error even with busratio=20 and busratio=22.

I tried to boot with iBoot and no result, even using busration=20 and 22.

can you help me to solve this please .
Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Heya guys.
until few hours i ran without problems 10.6.8 on my hackintosh. But i got some software updates and after them i first got kernel panic and now it stucks at any point without panic ot something. Any ideas?

Can't install the update

So I unstalled the Update Helper, rebooted. Then I went to install the update combo, but it will not let me. When I try to select the destination it has a yellow exclamation mark and says 'Mac OS X Update Combined can't be installed on this disk. An error occurred while evaluating JacaScript for this package."

I've tried restarting and redownloading the update, but I still get the same problem. Please let me know if you can help out!

As per page 70 of this thread, Dutch64's post and quote of c0h1b4 also cited here;
https://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=45628&p=287700
worked for me after repeated hangs following OS X Lion 10.7.2 USB install on GA-X58A-UD5 ver. 2.0 DSDT install using MultiBeast 4.3.0 for BIOS versions "FB" and FD". Repeated hangs with "PCI Configuration Begin" and "Pthread support aborts when sync kernel primitives misused" only resolved by using DSDT from database, decompiling it with iasl on a Linux box, editing as per the Dutch64 post (quoting c0h1b4), recompiling and reinstalling MultiBeast and the patched DSDT.aml. Harwdware tested was Gigabyte GA-X58A UD5 ver. 2.0 with FB and FD BIOS and EVGA 9500 GT video card and PNY 9400 GT swapped to isolate downloaded DSDT as not compatible with OS X Lion 10.7.2. My thanks to Dutch64, c0h1b4 and all who worked to resolve "PCI Configuration Begin" boot hang issue.

Hello guys,
I've successfully updated from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 my hackintosh.
Thanks, Tonymac for instructions.

All is working pretty good, after modifying DSDT (_ARD -> _UID in device(PCI0) ) and after replacing IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext by the old ones.
Audio does not work with the old appleHDA from 10.6.7 (ALC662), but audio out is OK with AzaliaAudio.kext.

However, after a little time, i was thinking my hack was a bit slower than before. :confused:

So, I decided to test it with NovaBench and Xbench.

here are the result :
Xbench 10.6.7 : score 210
Xbench 10.6.8 : score 140

NovaBench 10.6.7 : score 497
NovaBench 10.6.8 : score 360

Interresting, isn't it ?
The problem concerns the RAM (210 before vs 140 after update) and the graphic card (openGL score : 170 before vs 55 after update)

Obviously, for me, this update STINKS, and apple made an horrible job. :thumbdown:
And, of course, i have reinstalled 10.6.7 from my clone HD.

ks09aao said:
HoochShepherd said:
ks09aao said:
hi guys - im having post-install trouble
basically, having installed leopard and the update, multibeast says "install failed"
i tried 10.6.7 after a fresh install of leopard, and multibeast worked fine.

Why is this, is it becuase i have a radeon 6950, which isnt fully supported yet? Ive tried several times, multibeast just wont work on 10.6.8 combo update

please help me, im stuck in a hole :(

Lots of people have had issues with this update, so don't feel bad. After the install failed, did you try to reboot and give it another shot?

yeah, several times. each time i re-downloaded the update to rule out a corrupt file. Im stumped here, cant think why the update fails. Is it possible to do a fresh install of lion? as in not an upgrade from 10.6.8, whiich i cant get lol
becuase im prepared to try that, it may be compatible with my 6950....

Same problem here. i7 - GT 555M

I have GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 mobo i5 2500k and everything goes silky smooth until i get to the combo update. Every time i run it it freezes when it is about 99.5 percent done? Pleas help with this as it makes no sense to me.

EDIT: Nvm I solved the problem at hand. :D

Re: Mac OS X 10.6.8 Security Update 2012-002 v1.0

On May 9th 2012 Apple pushed out Security Update 2012-002 v1.0 for Snow Leopard 10.6.8

I've been searching through the blog and forums trying to see if any issues were reported with this before I try to apply the combo update, but can't find any reference to it (just the similarly numbered update for Lion). This is NOT the "Java" update, it is a "Security" update.

Part of the reason I haven't updated to Lion is I'm reluctant to mess too much with a functioning system, so can anyone tell me if this update is a smooth install or not?

FYI, the Safari 5.1.7, Java update, and Remote Client updates pushed out around the same time installed without any problems - so this Security Update is now the only thing showing when I search for updates.

(I apologize for this being a duplicate post, I can't create a new thread about this update and I wasn't sure in which thread to post my inquiry. Just hoping someone can tell me if it's safe to apply this update or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back