Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can put snow on my laptop easily, ill do that sunday and report back my findings. Hopefully lion will be more compatible :/

i bought lion (app store) and installed it fine on my desktop. After updating to 10.2.7, and restarting, i cannot boot into my os, even with pcirootuid=1 or 0, or even -v, -s or -x.

What could be the cause? on first setup i run the update + multibeast

ks09aao said:
i bought lion (app store) and installed it fine on my desktop. After updating to 10.2.7, and restarting, i cannot boot into my os, even with pcirootuid=1 or 0, or even -v, -s or -x.

If you just downloaded lion from the app store it should be 10.7.2 to start with...

I'm guessing this is the place for this post, but I'm a bit confused by the layout.

I'm still at 10.6.7 because I'm a chicken.

I recall there being issues with 10.6.8 and Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT. I've been trying to search the forums, but with the search engine excluding "10.6.8" I'm getting lots of info not relevant to 10.6.8. :)

If I've got the latest multibeast and chimera installed already, what do I need to worry about with this card? My original install used a DSDT file (and I still have it), if that makes any difference.

i didnt "just" download it, had it on my asus hackintosh for a while now, but ive yet to try it. But I still cant boot into the OS after the combo update, why is this?

HoochShepherd said:
ks09aao said:

If you just downloaded lion from the app store it should be 10.7.2 to start with...

sporkman said:
I recall there being issues with 10.6.8 and Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT.

Any takers? Am I in the correct sub-forum for 10.6.8 issues?

edit: Bit the bullet and had no issues. I'm guessing the Chimera updates probably took care of any NVidia funkiness earlier adopters had.

Hi,

I have a problem with updating to 10.6.8.

My 10.6.7 worked excellent, i have ati radeon 5750 and it worked great in its 1080 resolution. However, when i updated the system to 10.6.8 the card is no longer recognized and as a result i am having low resolution.

I did edit ati5000controller.kext and typed in proper ID.

I just want to mention i had the same problem with 10.6.6. and then when update 10.6.7. came out and new multibeast for that update i had no problem with card recognition. I installed ati 1.6.31.12 drivers from that version of multibeast and it worked gread.

Any ideas?

edit:solved, never forget to clear your system caches.... :rolleyes:

I have tried installing Update Helper on this SBridge machine then the ComboUpdate to update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8. When the combo update finished it flashed up a message in a black square indicating that I had to power cycle my machine. I was not given the opportunity to no reboot and the keyboard and mouse were unusable.

I am trying to use the HD3000 graphics on this motherboard. Am I suppose to install the DSDT file for this motherboard BEFORE applying the ComboUpdate to 10.6.8??

Also when I run Multibeast exactly which options do I have to select??

snowbound said:
I have tried installing Update Helper on this SBridge machine then the ComboUpdate to update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8. When the combo update finished it flashed up a message in a black square indicating that I had to power cycle my machine. I was not given the opportunity to no reboot and the keyboard and mouse were unusable.

I am trying to use the HD3000 graphics on this motherboard. Am I suppose to install the DSDT file for this motherboard BEFORE applying the ComboUpdate to 10.6.8??

Also when I run Multibeast exactly which options do I have to select??
I don't believe HD3000 will work until you get to 10.7, so you would need a graphic card to get to that point. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back