Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After update can't go into Mac OS anymore. Crash display for restart shows over and over again.

I install update, then bridgehelper and then files from multibeast 3.6.0. I didn't make backup for restore. My previous version was 10.6.5.

Is it possible somehow to make it works again without reinstaling? I don't want to reinstall because I've got Win 7 and Ubuntu together with mac os. So it will take a time to make it all again from zero point.

Thanks in advance!

Just updated to 10.6.7 using:

AppleHDA Rollback
USB Rollback
tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update 2.0

So far so good. All functionality seems to be intact. Will keep posting in the forum to show status of FERMI and hopefully not have anymore Freeze issues.(These have been minimal)

Thanks again to everybody on the team! This community is seriously second to none!! :)

GA-x58-UD3R
Core i7 3.07GHz
12GB RAM
PNY GTX 460

I am trying to mount the .dmg file but it keeps saying it can't be done because it is unrecognizable. Can anyone help me? World it be ok to use MultiBeast without running the update and then updating later?

I installed the update and it made my computer freeze on the grey screen and it says to turn it off and restart. Iit wont load anymore

Hey guys,
I have an almost flawless machine except for one issue thats driving me nuts.

I used iBoot 3 and Multibeast (latest update)
on a Gigabyte EP45t-USB with a qx9650 8gb ram and an EVGA 9500 GT.

My problem is everything that comes up in Flash on safari or chrome is jittery. I tried everything I can think of including reinstalling flash, reverting to old versions.
I noticed my sound has a lag too.

Not sure if thats part of the problem.
\HELP!!!! :(

idezine123 said:
Hey guys,
I have an almost flawless machine except for one issue thats driving me nuts.

I used iBoot 3 and Multibeast (latest update)
on a Gigabyte EP45t-USB with a qx9650 8gb ram and an EVGA 9500 GT.

My problem is everything that comes up in Flash on safari or chrome is jittery. I tried everything I can think of including reinstalling flash, reverting to old versions.
I noticed my sound has a lag too.

Not sure if thats part of the problem.
\HELP!!!! :(

Hey try using the old iboot and choose the nesessery settings for your system or dl a user dsdt that might fix it but sound will not be part of the problem :)

Stupid question time.

I have the system outlined on my sig: P55A-UD3 (Rev1, F6 bios), Core i7 860, 8 GB Ram, GTX 260 with a DSDT.ami at the root level of my system drive.

I built the system in March of last year, and have not updated from 10.6.3. as I did not want to have to mess with any MultiBeast settings etc.

Today, I cloned my startup disk with SuperDuper onto a second internal drive, started up from that drive and ran the 10.6.7 combo update. When I re-started the system, everything appears to work (at least as well as it did previously) meaning sleep works, USB works, ethernet works. Internal drives are shown as removable, which allows me to hot swap drives for backup etc, and audio is USB.

I don’t have any USB3 peripherals, but it would be nice to enable that so that if I ever do, they would work at full speed.

Graphics appear to be as fast as ever, but how do I test to make sure that I am getting the most out of my GTX 260? When I boot up, the last line of the verbose system checker is: NVEnabler: Probe Fails which always worries me.

Is there any benefit to updating from whatever version of Chameleon that I am using to the latest, if what I have works?

Would I see any other advantages in updating my bios, or updating any of the MultiBeast components?

My USB / system wasn't functional after the 10.6.7 update. The clock changed but nothing could happen because my mouse / keyboard wouldnt respond.

I had to boot with Iboot disc and select the mac drive to boot. Magically it worked while using Iboot to work. Once I was back at the desktop I loaded Multibeast and did the EasyDSDT selection.

I rebooted once it was done and everything was back to normal when booting from the hard drive.

I have 10.6.6 installed.
can I update to 10.6.7 by online apple service ? not from combo update?

If yes, do I have to re run multibeast ?

thanks in advance for an answer

I have "almost" a perfect new build , but with a couple of issues .

After the 10.6.7 combo update , Safari becomes (Ver. 5 ) . All of Apple's websites load super fast ....BUT.... when I go to any other website on the entire Internet , Safari freezes up with the CD disk icon spinning , and I have to force it to quit.
Also....sleep does not work , but the screensaver does .
Could someone please help me solve these 2 issues ?

Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H
Intel Core i3 540
4 GB Kingston DDR3 HYPER-X 1333 Mhz
750 GB Western Digital Caviar ( black )( 64 mb cache ) SATA Hard Drive
Asus nVidia 8400 GS ( 512 Mb DDR3)
Sony Optiarc DVD /RW SATA DRIVE
Cooler Master Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back