Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update of 10.6.7 works great (sound, ethernet, graphics,...) except i lost the multiboot with Win7.
Run Multibeast 3.7.2 and select EasyBeast + Chameleon 2.0 RC5 = multiboot came back but now Intel SATA is missing.

Any idea ?

My system :
Intel i5-750
Gigabyte P55-UD3R
8Go Kingston 1333
ATI 4870
2x250Go - Raid 0 Win7 on Intel SATA
OCZ Vertex 2 90Go on Intel SATA
LG DVD on Intel SATA
320Go AHCI Mac OSX on JMicron

Question: Will Magic trackpad work with my (listed in my profile) hackintosh, and what bluetooth receiver would I need. I also might have deleted the bluetooth configuration utility (no really sure if there is one, but Ive seen it on some videos) thinking I would not need it if it was bundled with Mac os. Will installing the driver for magic trackpad fix this?

Hi Guys,

Hope to get a little help here:
One of my hackies is having issues after 10.6.7.
Here are my specs:
Mobo:GA-P55-USB3
CPU: Intel Core i7 @3.8GHz
Mem: 2x2GB Skil Rip Jaws 1600
Graphics: Sapphire 5770
Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r828
No Kexts on S/L/E
DSDT
System Identifier MacPro 5,1
E/E=ACPIMonitor, FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor, JMicron36xSATA, SuperIOFamily

This one is giving me issues every time I restart it from ?‘ (apple)?Restart. I loose control of the keyboard and mouse after rebooting during chameleon load up. The OS then loads very slow and eventually when I get to the desktop, the mouse and keyboard are completely unresponsive. OSX crawls as some of the applications that start automatically have a slow motion bouncing icon.
If I shutdown and then manually start, everything works fine.
I tried a clean install... same results.
I did another install and updated to 10.6.6 and with this update I have no issues.

Any clues?

Did apple remove the combo update? When I go to http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361 to download the update I get a "We can't find the page you're looking for." once I click on Download.

Is there any other way I can get this update? I just got my system up and running, but I'm currently sitting on 10.6.3

The last 4 of the download page is now 1363.
Support link in the Apple support area seems to take you to the wrong page. They look identical :banghead:

Finally did a lookup on google. :thumbup:

Iv updated and have lost the ability to boot from HD - apple screen holds - I can boot from iboot but seem to get no kexts loading ie no wheel on apple logo. My clone of 10.6.6 still loads properly with all kexts but only from iboot as i never got it to boot itself. Ive run easy beast with added audio and nvidia graphics. I unlugged everything and removed extra ram when i updated but am at the point of going back to a complete reinstall after trying to copy my clone back to main HD and still getting the problem

any advice
mick

Very quick and easy problem - I think / Hope.

First off to Tony and all you testers / helpers and general cool tech dudes. A big thanks for this enormous resource. Successfully built a hackintosh to duel boot with windows. Using hardware and software help from here.

Working in design I found a small flaw with 10.6.7 that being how it handles fonts... A patch for this issue was posted in April by apple see here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1377

The patch is 3.3mb, having done a little research I can see no reason why I can't download and install the patch and have no problems.. but thought id check here with you gurus just in case it causes KERNEL PANIC.

Natch I will do a disk clone before trying. But thought it didn't hurt to post here. If no one has applied this or knows I'll post the results later.

Cheers

Bamboozed!

Bamboozed said:
Very quick and easy problem - I think / Hope.

First off to Tony and all you testers / helpers and general cool tech dudes. A big thanks for this enormous resource. Successfully built a hackintosh to duel boot with windows. Using hardware and software help from here.

Working in design I found a small flaw with 10.6.7 that being how it handles fonts... A patch for this issue was posted in April by apple see here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1377

The patch is 3.3mb, having done a little research I can see no reason why I can't download and install the patch and have no problems.. but thought id check here with you gurus just in case it causes KERNEL PANIC.

Natch I will do a disk clone before trying. But thought it didn't hurt to post here. If no one has applied this or knows I'll post the results later.

Cheers

Bamboozed!

Hi there, you may be right, shouldn't be a problem however always worth having a test partition with a clone of your current setup for just such an issue. That way you can apply the update and rest assured you everyday partition is not put at risk.

I also work in design and applied the update to my system no worries, however as stated above always best to air on the side of precaution and test before rolling out.

Cheers
Kris

I know 10.6.8 has been out for a while now but I'm just trying to get my system working before I update again.

I had 10.6.7 installed with keyboard working but ran into an issue trying to fix the trackpad where no matter what i did the keyboard stopped working.

Wiped the system, reinstalled 10.6.3, then updated to 10.6.7. Now the system won't boot. I've tried several things and get different errors depending on what I try, but still no boot. If I go back to 10.6.3 its fine.

Most consistent issue is "ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint" issues followed by disk0s(#): ioctl(_IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported.

other common one is "launchctl: please convert the following launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist systemShutdown false.

It will hang on one of these. I let it sit for half an hour. I have tried installing 10.6.7 with custom DSDT, easybeast, no multibeast, booting with -x -v -f and combinations there of.

any ideas? As I said I previously had it working but when I cleared and reinstalled I can't get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back