Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Early 2011 iMac Sandy Bridge Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
alvindarkness said:
Yeh I noticed the flash drive thing myself. Going back to IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorage (i forget the exact name) kext's from the normal 10.6.7 seems to fix it for me.

On my SB rig it broke also the DVD burner support.
For the moment I'll revert to plain non-iMac 10.6.7.

Francis said:
alvindarkness said:
Yeh I noticed the flash drive thing myself. Going back to IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorage (i forget the exact name) kext's from the normal 10.6.7 seems to fix it for me.

On my SB rig it broke also the DVD burner support.
For the moment I'll revert to plain non-iMac 10.6.7.

Yeh I ended up noticing the DVD burner support going south too. Not to mention a drop in framerates on the 6870. I basically copied my entire backed up 10.6.7 Extensions folder back over, but kept everything else from the iMac2011 update installed (like frameworks). So far so good, but I hope stuff like this isnt necessary in the future.

I'd have to recommend that people NOT install the entire update- it really is hardware-specific, and breaks things like optical and USB. If you need to install anything from this package, update by installing indiv. items through Pacifist. ;)

tonymacx86 said:
I'd have to recommend that people NOT install the entire update- it really is hardware-specific, and breaks things like optical and USB. If you need to install anything from this package, update by installing indiv. items through Pacifist. ;)
You know, sometimes one need to shoot his own foot to remember the price of being stupid. :banghead:

In fact, the only useful things IMO is Sata3 with P68/H67/Z68 chipset support.
Kernel+AICPUPM is already in BridgeHelper.
Do you append to know the specific files (lib, kext, other...) needeed for that?

Anyway, there is always the empiric method, as the Shadocks said: "Plus ça rate, plus y'a de chances que ça marche" o_O

With the 10.7.4 kernel + power management I get kernel panics on start without -v -f. I was getting kernel panics on start before with 10.7.3, but It would be random at best.
I'm new to all this, so I'm not truly sure what the problem is.

connorthecreator said:
With the 10.7.4 kernel + power management I get kernel panics on start without -v -f. I was getting kernel panics on start before with 10.7.3, but It would be random at best.
I'm new to all this, so I'm not truly sure what the problem is.

Me too.
Repair permissions will fix it temporarily and then all of a sudden, Bang! have to boot with iBoot and fix it again.

I think I might do a reinstall and just use the update combined and bridgehelper.

hi, i have a new Samsung S9 Series notebook with Sandy Bridge and HD3000 graphics.
trying to install Mac OS x 10.6.3 vanilla, to then do the update to 10.6.7 with sandy bridge and HD3000 support.

Running iboot, then 10.6.3, but it freezes and i get a picture of a "ZERO" WITH A SLASH THROUGH IT. and it just hangs there... i think it video related, but not sure.

has anyone seen this, that can help me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back