Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Early 2011 iMac Sandy Bridge Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Multibeast update! I just put in the new nvidia drivers and now screen rotation works!! Outstanding. If someone can tell me how they're getting fermi freezes, etc... I'd be happy to test it out.
Thanks!

zekejm said:
Hehe doh! I got adventurous and just extracted the NVDA* and Geforce* kexts/bundles and then replaced them in /System/Library/Extensions and then ran Multibeast to repair permissions/caches. Hopefully this will work...? But good to know that if I totally failed, Multibeast can come through and save me.

I guess my concern from my original post was that I don't know whether I need to actually update to the 10.6.7 kernel or whether just using these new drivers is fine or both?

Thanks!

It's now in MultiBeast !!!! Check out 3.6.0 - new nVidia update.

I dont update to 10.6.7 just only the nvidia driver.

yes it is at multibeast but when you install new nvidia driver, it runs perfect. but without cuda I dont know how to to it runs again...

And I need it, maybe is because I dont upgrade to 10.7.4 ?

how can I do it ?

Yes I have been getting fermi freezes as well hence return to the board, was running Chimera 1.1 MB 3.5 annoying the missus just a little! Will try addimng the new C1.3 MB 3.6 tonight > if we install the macpro 3.1 defn does that negate the SB functionality eg sleep/speedstep/turbo?

Tried loading the new files but no luck, lock up running parrallels, may try the extreme measure of a reinstall at the weekend.

A dumb couple of questions:

The new Multibeast has the updated nVidia drivers that support the Fermi 4x0 line? But not 5x0?

So I could buy a fermi 480 GTX, stick it in my machine, run the new Multibeast, and I should be set?

Does the card provide full 3D graphics performance now?

Thanks!

This are making kp, or will not start the os

Running kernel 10.7.4

MacOSXUpd10.6.7foriMacEarly2011.dmg
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleAHCIPort.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.bundle
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelSNBVA.kext
AppleMIDIFWDriver.kext
AppleOnboardDisplay.kext
AppleSMCLMU.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

Alf

I got this working on my GA-P67-UD5 / HD5770 Rig using pacifist after the 10.6.7 update.

Geekbench numbers are good over 16k Oc'ed to 4.5Ghz as long as I stay at MapPro 3,1 System Definition. If i change to imac 11,1 or others it goes below 5k.

It however seemed to break reading usb flash drives to read in any port. Wireless mouse and keyboard work however.

I wonder if there is a way to get this installed via the pkg and if I can maintain the usb ports and even get to a more vanilla install..

Xiola69 said:
I got this working on my GA-P67-UD5 / HD5770 Rig using pacifist after the 10.6.7 update.

Geekbench numbers are good over 16k Oc'ed to 4.5Ghz as long as I stay at MapPro 3,1 System Definition. If i change to imac 11,1 or others it goes below 5k.

It however seemed to break reading usb flash drives to read in any port. Wireless mouse and keyboard work however.

I wonder if there is a way to get this installed via the pkg and if I can maintain the usb ports and even get to a more vanilla install..

Yeh I noticed the flash drive thing myself. Going back to IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorage (i forget the exact name) kext's from the normal 10.6.7 seems to fix it for me.

Also you can install it as a package by changing your SMproductname value (in smbios.plsit) to iMac12,2 and changing the contents of SystemVersion.plist to 10J4026 or 10J4138 (which it should already be on after you installed it with pacificist).

alvindarkness said:
Xiola69 said:

Yeh I noticed the flash drive thing myself. Going back to IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorage (i forget the exact name) kext's from the normal 10.6.7 seems to fix it for me.

Also you can install it as a package by changing your SMproductname value (in smbios.plsit) to iMac12,2 and changing the contents of SystemVersion.plist to 10J4026 or 10J4138 (which it should already be on after you installed it with pacificist).

So the real question is... what are the proper files to install (or, if the list is shorter, not install)?

I installed the whole darn thing since I wasn't sure... then I couldn't boot for anything. I have to start over again, lol. Just got overzealous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back