Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mturilin said:
In many posts it was reported that ASUS P7P55D-E systems needed extra steps to update to Mac OS 10.6.5.

Did anybody succeeded in fully updating his ASUS P7P55D-E system with booting from hard drive?

If yes, could you share the steps I need to make to perform the update?

Thanks in advance@

I'm having the same problem here, with the same motherboard. I have no USB support. I've tried taking out the HD, putting it in a USB case and installing multibeast via my macbook, but multibeast wont fully install.

I figure my next step is to backup the HD and start fresh with a new instal, and just don't do this update.

Suggestions? If anyone can fix this problem that's be awesome.

AustinDV said:
mturilin said:
In many posts it was reported that ASUS P7P55D-E systems needed extra steps to update to Mac OS 10.6.5.

Did anybody succeeded in fully updating his ASUS P7P55D-E system with booting from hard drive?

If yes, could you share the steps I need to make to perform the update?

Thanks in advance@

I'm having the same problem here, with the same motherboard. I have no USB support. I've tried taking out the HD, putting it in a USB case and installing multibeast via my macbook, but multibeast wont fully install.

I figure my next step is to backup the HD and start fresh with a new instal, and just don't do this update.

Suggestions? If anyone can fix this problem that's be awesome.

I did update to 10.6.5 (from 10.6.4) and I lost my USB support too.
the KBD & Mouse are not working.
any idea ??

tarpon said:
any idea ??

Were you able to boot from the hard drive (without iBoot)?

Ok, here is what I was able to do. First, disconnected all USB devices from PC. Instead of using the new universal iBoot disk, I rebooted using the iBoot supported disk. Restarted the PC and this time, I was able to swap the iBoot disk with the original Leopard 10.6.3 drive and see it! Now I am re installing 10.6.3.

I have a full backup of my working 10.6.4 so I will be able to retrieve everything but what I am thinking I may try is... once 10.6.3 installs, upgrade to 10.6.5 using the COMBO and see if that works!

Any other suggestions?

akira9000 said:
Just to let anyone interested know my power issues are solved.

If anybody has any problems with power and restart after the 10.6.5 update check your ACPI power management is set right in your BIOS. Mine was on S3 which I'm sure didn't used to make a difference.

Set it to S1 and everything is cool again.
Did the 10.6.2 HDA audio rollback and hack is back in business.

Thanks - this did the trick for me too H55M-USB3 F10

Let me know how the update goes! I'm also saddled with a p7p55d-e pro. After a lot of up and downs, i've got 10.6.4 to work smooth. Hanging on the shores until I get confirmation that 10.6.5 is calm seas!

Anyone who's been having USB issues after upgrading- and still cannot get functionality with iBoot 2.5, I've just released iBoot 2.5.1 with Vanilla 10.5.0 kernel, and updated USB fixes. Hope this helps! :D

Public/iBoot.zip

mturilin said:
tarpon said:
any idea ??

Were you able to boot from the hard drive (without iBoot)?

I boot from HD
but I found the solution for USB issue

1. run MultyBeast 2.4
2. checkbox in System Utilities
3. checkbox in Kexts>Miscellaneous>IOUSBFamily 10.6.2 Rollback
4. run
5. reboot

the USB ports back to live!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck to all members who have the same problem

It works for my Thinkpad W510 laptop. only my integrated intelHD video ( i7 620M ) not working, after delete the AppleIntelHD*.kext, it works on 1024x768 prety stable.

Any body know how to make i7 620m's intel HD apple driver works?

I have a Gigabyte G41M-ES2L and never could make the audio to work, so i would like to know if i can make the actualization and how to make the sound to work on my board, in the installation i instal 10.6.3 need help..

Thanks every body for the time and answers im new on HACK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back