Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, somehow I screwed up my 10.6.4 to 10.6.5 update. I did the Combo Update then ran Multibeast 3.0.3 and selected System Utilities (Rebuild Caches and Repair Permissions) and the Realtek ALC8xx kext and let it run. Upon reboot I got the grey screen of death. I rebooted again in safe mode (-x) and was able to boot. I reran Multibeast again as above, but still the grey screen of death. I then rebooted in safe mode and reran Multibeast once more but also selected EasyBeast Install and the NVEnabler in addition to the System Utilities and Realtek ALC8xx. Reboot resulted in a different for the boot process but still the grey screen of death. And now safe mode does not work. I would rather not have to do a complete reinstall of the OS if I can avoid it.

I have a P55A-UD4P F7 board.

Thanks for any tips!

I did a clean install and everything went fine until I did Migration Assistant from my Time Machine volume. During the migration I got the gray screen of death. Redid the clean install, then only migrated my Applications and got the gray screen of death again. Clean install once more and migrated my user folder and it went fine. So, apparently something that moved with the applications caused a conflict that led to the crash. It seem strange that 10.6.4 worked fine, but 10.6.5 had a conflict.

Hy all, i've problem with usb, i install usb fix, but didn't work.
Sound not Detect, my mainboard Asus P5LD2-X and codec ALC662 when i update to 10.6.5 no sound,no network, USB just detect Mouse and keyboard if i insert USB storage it Doesn't work. give me a suggestion.. :problem:

I have problems with this update. for some reason every time I try to instal 10.6.5 I have problems. My problem would be that on start up the system would not boot on to the desktop. it just stays where the apple logo is with the loading application spinning around. I even left it on for 6 hours while I was asleep and still not loaded. I used multi beast. I selected DSDT, and multi beast with system utilities. What is the trick to get it to work right.

I did a search but couldn't find it.

Anyone having issues with the mouse unstable, jumping, skipping? It's a recent problem for me. If I unplug one of my monitors the problem goes away but I need both monitors. :(

Actually might not be 10.6.5 sorry.

ok. I have got 10.6.5 to work now. :D Now I'm going to make a disk image of the OS when I get DL DVD's. I had to enter Windows though to disable graphics enabler. I'm using a trial version of mac Drive for windows and am thinking of buying it. Shows all of mac's files with in windows. :)

Cubusaddendum said:
The only thing I would add to this was that GA-X58-UDx users will also need to re-install the Legacy 889 HDA driver via MultiBeast.

- Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> LegacyHDA -> ALC889

If you don't the built-in audio device will become non-functional and cause a kernel panic on shutdown.

thanks. 4.5 internets for you.
two more if you tell me how to regrow my pulled hair.

blackpanther26 said:
ok. I have got 10.6.5 to work now. :D Now I'm going to make a disk image of the OS when I get DL DVD's. I had to enter Windows though to disable graphics enabler. I'm using a trial version of mac Drive for windows and am thinking of buying it. Shows all of mac's files with in windows. :)
You would be better off purchasing an inexpensive hard drive and using Carbon Copy Cloner or Superduper to copy. That way you would have a bootable backup.

MacMan said:
blackpanther26 said:
You would be better off purchasing an inexpensive hard drive and using Carbon Copy Cloner or Superduper to copy. That way you would have a bootable backup.

hmmm... sounds like a better idea because sitting outside my computer is a 250GB hard drive that I don't use because there is no room for it with my water cooled setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back