Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is working with the 780 and how have you installed Snow?

@longtom

Nearly everything works OOB. Bluetooth, WiFi with IOFamily 10.6.5 onwards, Shutdown, Restart, Graphics via enabler and Cuda addon. For the Trackpad and Keyboard VoodooPS2 has to be installed, for the battery Voodoobattery and sound is managed by VoodooHDA 2.7.2 package with customization of the VoodooHda.plist for the mic problem (see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4609&p=47620&hilit=voodoo#p47620) The LAN port is impossible as there is no kext for it yet.

I installed Snow via iBoot + Multibeast 2.5.1, Retail Snow 10.6.3. Did the Combo to 10.6.4 as I could not download the x.6.5 Combo first being a reason for Apple´s 203MB cutoff problem, but thats another story.

Have yet to get Sleep enabled (sleepenabler doesnt work) and brightness control. DSDT for this would be great but I dont have a clue yet where to start as I have to clear out 200 Errors out of the compile first.

Flexigem said:
What is working with the 780 and how have you installed Snow?

@longtom

Nearly everything works OOB. Bluetooth, WiFi with IOFamily 10.6.5 onwards, Shutdown, Restart, Graphics via enabler and Cuda addon. For the Trackpad and Keyboard VoodooPS2 has to be installed, for the battery Voodoobattery and sound is managed by VoodooHDA 2.7.2 package with customization of the VoodooHda.plist for the mic problem (see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4609&p=47620&hilit=voodoo#p47620)

I installed Snow via iBoot + Multibeast 2.5.1, Retail Snow 10.6.3. Did the Combo to 10.6.4 as I could not download the x.6.5 Combo first being a reason for Apple´s 203MB cutoff problem, but thats another story.

Have yet to get Sleep enabled (sleepenabler doesnt work) and brightness control. DSDT for this would be great but I dont have a clue yet where to start as I have to clear out 200 Errors out of the compile first.

Wow, great, Thanks!

Can someone please help me? So I let a friend use my machine. He ran the 10.6.5 update without asking me and I lost Audio (which is now fixed) and USB kinda stopped working for only my Drobo (External Storage). BTW I'm on the GA-P55A-UD4P and have done the DSDT method.

I have tried to rollback to the older USB with the MultiBeast 2.6 tool and that killed charging my iPhone and the Drobo. I then was able to grab the 10.6.5 IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorage from a backup and now i can charge my iPhone, however the Drobo is still not mounting.

I'm guessing it's the IOUSBMassStorage kext that is the issue but i have no idea how to fix this. Any help would be super awesome! TIA!

theDarkStranger said:
Can someone please help me? So I let a friend use my machine. He ran the 10.6.5 update without asking me and I lost Audio (which is now fixed) and USB kinda stopped working for only my Drobo (External Storage). BTW I'm on the GA-P55A-UD4P and have done the DSDT method.

I have tried to rollback to the older USB with the MultiBeast 2.6 tool and that killed charging my iPhone and the Drobo. I then was able to grab the 10.6.5 IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorage from a backup and now i can charge my iPhone, however the Drobo is still not mounting.

I'm guessing it's the IOUSBMassStorage kext that is the issue but i have no idea how to fix this. Any help would be super awesome! TIA!

I fixed it! So what I did was use the IOUSBFamily.kext from 10.6.4 and the IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext from 10.6.5. Ran the System Utilities. Removed iPhone and Drobo. Rebooted. Logged into the OS. Plugged in my iPhone and Drobo. Now everything is working. :thumbup:

Does anyone know why my IDE DVD Drive is not in 10.6.5 ? with 10.6.3 everything works fine and know no IDE Drive, i have set it to Master but no change..

help me please

Since this is an official thread, I will ask here. After installing 10.6.5 version, my system freezes once in a while (every day or every second day). I don't know if it is related to Video Card, or mother board, or MultiBeast or anything...

There are two ways my system freezes. SL stops responding, and nothing going on... Sometimes I get a gray screen asking me to reboot.

The system crashes spontaneously. Once it hapend when I was trying to open a movie, then it hapend when I was trying to add stuff on my iPad through iTunes. It happened when I was closing Chrome Browser. And the last time it happened when I was trying to open a downloaded file from Chrome Browser.

I tried to check system.log and kernel.log from /var/log but the only thing I was able to find is:
Dec 16 23:08:56 localhost DirectoryService[11]: Improper shutdown detected

Is there a some kind of software that creates a log of all processes in a kernel and I can get a code of kernel panic after the crash?

Re: Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - for ga-pgga-ud3 F11

daco said:
Hi everybody,
I'd like to update mac os to the last combo update 10.6.5 in order to be able to install the latest tonymac nvidia driver update for my nvidia gtx285.
As you can read from my specs below, I am going to configure multibeast 2.5.1 as shown in the attached picture.

Am I right?

I will appreciate any suggestions, corrections. thanx

Oooops due to autoquote.

:mrgreen: Everything went fine with 10.6.5. update and nvidia tonymac update (Cuda incl.)

Hi Everyone.....

Its been a while since i posted.....

Did the update then ran multibeast......

Everything still works great !!! :headbang:

Thank you tonymac

Regards HT

Hi all, I just wanted to know that once I update t0 10.6.5, will my USB get screwed up? I updated to 10.6.4, and it did not work. I had to reinstall and apply dsdt because the mouse wouldn't detect. Any ideas? My brain is going :beachball:

gpfeiffer said:
After upgrading to 10.6.5, I now have problems booting Parallels 5/ Win 7. The VM freezes in the first few BIOS steps.
Anybody else having this problem?
Mystery solved:
I had 'Turbo USB3/SATA3' mode enabled in BIOS setup (from setting up USB3).
Parallels, VMware Fusion and Virtualbox all froze/crashed at random points with this setting.
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back