Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On further examination, it seems to be Google Chrome that leads to the crash of Chrome, a brief blue screen etc, back to OS with all Chrome windows closed.

Anyone seeing similar issues? I will try using Safari for a while just to see if that takes care of it?

10.6.4 on my UD2 hackint0sh. Everything worked after restart with the exception of sound. reloaded with multibeast and everything is working fine again!

wasn't able to install it. it gave me an error which said "it doesn't support Geforce or Quadro cards". then i decided to right -click>Show Package contents, intalled OpenGL driver, ran cinebench, still said opengl ran at 13.45 fps.

Would i be able to install the other drivers as well and remove "GraphicsEnabler=yes"?

See the post above. You just seed to resave it in packagemaker...

I think it looks for a Mac Pro smbios.plist to make sure it is "compatible". I use the imac 11,11 and got the same message.

Sakanade said:
UD2 owner here.

I have the slower boot now and my temps have increased.

Anyone get the same results?

i've made a similar observation as Sakanade. UD2, F10 bios, i7-860, used to idle around 39º with 10.6.3 and F8 bios, now it idles at around 50º (according to istat readings). anyone else getting this. should i be concerned?

thanks in advance.

I am having similar problems to others on this board with the 10.6.4 update (with my video card). I have the GA H55M-USB3 motherboard, NVidia 9400GT, Core i5-670, 4GB of DDR3-1333 RAM, installed DSDT from Tony's collection (thanks!), and everything seems to be working fine. But when I run Cinebench, I'm getting 7fps. This seems ridiculously low, although to be honest, I never ran it on 10.6.3 (because I put this whole thing together right after 10.6.4 came out, so never really ran 10.6.3 except to upgrade to 10.6.4).

I tried installing the updated Nvidia drivers - they installed fine, but no change to Cinebench score for OpenGL.

Any suggestions? I've seen a few things recently in the last couple of pages of this thread, but nothing concrete that seems like I would have success with.

Thanks for any input!

SiliconGuy

ZOleg said:
In 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 i have grpahics lags with my 8800GTX, install nvidia 19.5.8f03 drivers - no luck.
In BIOS i set C-State to C1, set SpeedStep to Enable, remove from DSDT code inserted from SSDT and voila - no graphics lags, OpenGL work now well, etc.

Anyone care to explain how one goes about doing that? "remove from DSDT code" "inserted from SSDT"?

Regards,
daleman

daleman said:
ZOleg said:
In 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 i have grpahics lags with my 8800GTX, install nvidia 19.5.8f03 drivers - no luck.
In BIOS i set C-State to C1, set SpeedStep to Enable, remove from DSDT code inserted from SSDT and voila - no graphics lags, OpenGL work now well, etc.

Anyone care to explain how one goes about doing that? "remove from DSDT code" "inserted from SSDT"?

Regards,
daleman

Nevermind, found this guide: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=515

Hi,

I'd check that the cooler is connected correctly. I had an issue with high temperatures as well that was resolved by reseating the cooler and ensuring it was attached securely. The thermal paste that comes with the stock cooler is not the best, but for me my idle temps are in the 32 - 37 degree range.

Hi all, thanks to the forum I had everything working on 10.6.2 but now that I updated to 10.6.4 I just couldn't get audio to work. I used multibeast to try the legacy audio, the voodooHDA, and the AppleHDA roll back. I even tried Onyx to clear the cache. One problem I noticed is that even though multibeast says installation successful, the kext did not actually showed up in the extra folder. I even follow Tony's video too but no luck. Does anyone know why the kext does not show up in the extra folder after using multibeast? thanks much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back