Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to upgrade from SL 10.6.3 / MultiBeast 1.x to 10.6.4 AND start using a DSDT.

Do I need to remove any kexts from the S/L/Extensions folder? Or Anything else?

Yesterday I upgraded the Mobo Bios to F10. All went well, after I figured out that I would need to completely reconfigure the Bios. Apparently turning on QuickBoot is a bad idea. Took an hour for me to get back to normal. Has Anyone got QuickBoot working?

I think I figured out previous "issue" with 9400GT and 10.6.4 - I ran cinebench and it came back with a score of like 7.7fps. I inherently just thought this was an issue (I had never tested it in 10.6.3, because I just did the install and upgraded). However, I found references to scores on the web saying this is a typical score on cinebench. So, there's no problem, really.

10.6.4 is working completely as far as I can tell. Audio, Video, etc. Installed perfectly from iBoot+Multibeast. Only problems were imaginary. :)

SiliconGuy

Hey!

Successfully installed 10.6.4

web.png

The only issue bugging me is degraded 3D performance.
I have no option of rolling back to 10.6.3 so please advise if I can use 10.6.3 drivers or something to restore 3D performance.
Thanks!

P.S. I use ATI 4870.

I'm going to install SL soon, looking at my specs should I wait to upgrade to 10.6.4? I read something about nvidia drivers, being a total n00b at this could someone explain it to me and if it'd work on 8800GTS?

When I update to 6.4 I can no longer boot with or without the cd. So i'll have to just stay at 6.3 right now. has anyone else have this problem? my system is a

Ga-H55-S2H
i3 530 using intergraded video and sound and net.
4 gbs ram
F5 B

I'm going to install SL soon, looking at my specs should I wait to upgrade to 10.6.4? I read something about nvidia drivers, being a total n00b at this could someone explain it to me and if it'd work on 8800GTS?
Denieru, your hardware should work fine under 10.6.4.

Denieru said:

I'm staying away from 10.6.4 as Apple obviously rushed its release, I'll wait for 10.6.5 which should have some worthwhile updates. I say go for 10.6.2/3 instead.

I had a bit of a hiccup with my Netgear PCI Wifi card....I used the bcm43xx_enabler script that's all over the place to get it working previously but it stopped working with 10.6.4 (after each previous system update, or AirPort update, I'd have to re-run the script and reboot).

Luckily, I had been Time Machine-ing, and was able to retrieve my old IO80211Family.kext....restored it, installed it using Kext Helper, and I was ready to go.

Don't know if I'm the only one who had that problem, but if not, hope that helps anyone who's had problems with their Broadcom/bcm43xx cards!

Good news Netkas found all the drivers needed to install Ati 5000 series in the 10.6.4 In the last Mac mini

Hi all,

I upgraded to 10.6.4 and now using the DSDT via MultiBeast 2.0.3.

USB doesn't work from sleep, should I have removed some extensions after the upgrade?
I just upgrade the OS and ran MultiBeast 2.0.3. Does MultiBeast 2.0.3 remove old .kext files that are not needed?

Here is my /Extras folder contents
com.apple.Boot.plist
DSDT.aml
Extensions
  • fakesmc.kext
    IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
    JMicron36xATA.kext
    JMicron36xeSATA.kext
    NVEnabler 64.kext
Extensions.bak.mkext
Extensions.mkext
smbios.plist