Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EtHANBB said:
Is (GigaByte) 250GTS working with just NVEnabler 64.kext (in S/L/E) with full QE/CI/FullRes (1680×1050×32)?
Just asking about simplicity, before bringing that card to home.
BTW: Will HackPro continue working after just replacing GPU card or I will have to reinstall whole OSX?

Yes for 10.6.4 and directly using the DVI port this card worked for me by installing the NVEnabler from Multibeast. Notice that multibeast installed this kext to /Extra/Extensions and that also I had installed a working DSDT.aml for my mobo plus the GraphicsEnabler Yes option in my /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist.

I don't know if there is any difference if you manually install NVEnabler to /S/L/E never tried it.

Hi all, i've just updated my system to 10.6.4 directly from 10.6.2 using combo update package on a Gigabyte P55A-UD5 with i5-750 system, latest bios F11 with DSDT-AML from tonymac86 site.

All goes allright : graphic (speed is ok measured with cinebench), sound (using AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2) , networking (on both interfaces) and other hardware,
but ...

When i re-enable a network interface (configured with DHCP) after disabling it, the address cannot be get from dhcp server and that interface gets a default address
in the form of 169.254.xxx.xxx and same interface remains unusable .

More details about this issue on another post :

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4071

EDIT : now i have resolved this issue (Re-enabling a DHCP ethernet card on osx 10.6.4) -- look at that post

I'm indeep testing the 10.6.4 and all my hardware seems to work allright.

NVIDIA 9600 GT : Cinebench shows a little improved speed compared to 10.6.2

Audio ALC 889 : its allright with the AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2 (i have to delete the
original one in S/L/E and copy in the old one and rebuild permission & caches).

External ESATA Drive : ok

SATA devices listed in System Profiler : ok

USB : allright mouse , keyboard, xternal disks & EMU MIDI Dongle

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

This forum & tonymac blog is very usefoul to me to install my hackintosh box. :thumbup:

Many thanks to all.

:beachball:

I would try to reinstall the realtek kext using multibeast with the option of system utilities enabled (rebuild cache and repairs permissions)

I've noticed that Apple released today a Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update iMac (Mid 2010):

This update contains all the applicable fixes from the Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update, plus the following specific fixes for iMac (Mid 2010):

• - Resolves compatibility and performance-related graphics issues.
    - Improves compatibility with large-format SDXC memory cards.
    - Adds support for Magic Trackpad.

See http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1065

steeg370 said:
I've noticed that Apple released today a Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update iMac (Mid 2010):

This update contains all the applicable fixes from the Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update, plus the following specific fixes for iMac (Mid 2010):

• - Resolves compatibility and performance-related graphics issues.
    - Improves compatibility with large-format SDXC memory cards.
    - Adds support for Magic Trackpad.

See http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1065

Will this fix the reduced performance for most nvidia cards, you think?
Is it worth installing?

Well... I updated from 10.6.2 to 10.6.3 with MultiBeast 3.8 but now when i try with 10.6.4 and install multibeast again (utility options) in the moment to reboot the system not show nothing, only ¿"load"?

Exist other method to update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 (safe method), not yet installed chimera.

Motherboard: Intel DH55TC
Boot: iBoot 3.1.1 ¬¬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back