Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx macman,

I tried it with the older one and only got High def audio, so refused to take any chances on the second attempt, Please excuse the noobishness..

i am now up and running on 10.6.4 but i had to delete the sleepenabler.kext before updating from 10.6.3 other wise it would crash on boot up.

tonymacx86 said:
Ishimaru said:
While I've been lurking around the boards, I noticed that since upgrading to 10.6.4, it now shows my 2.4Ghz Core i5 750, as 2Ghz. I'm fairly certain that it's not dropping my CPU speed, I'd like it to be able to show the full 2.4Ghz. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sounds like you didn't set Optimized Defaults after updating the bios- actually it should read 2.67ghz for the Core i5 750. When you don't- it underclocks to 2.0- very important to set defaults for GA bioses.
Right you are. Geez, something that small, slipped right by me. Thank for the help Tony.

JoelATX said:
Apparently turning on QuickBoot is a bad idea. Took an hour for me to get back to normal. Has Anyone got QuickBoot working?

I got it working with the components in my signature. Had no issues whatsoever.

swedish_meatball said:
I'm staying away from 10.6.4 as Apple obviously rushed its release [...] I say go for 10.6.2/3 instead.

I agree (even though I have on "standby" a downloaded 10.6.4 and necessary kext to support Fermi and Evergreen cards). Though, I do see myself upgrading to 10.6.4 when I get my GTX-460 card in a few weeks. :shh:

Hey sorry if I missed it, but has there been any fix for the drop in performance for nvidia cards in 10.6.4?
I've been forced to use my Windows 7 partition for Starcraft 2 because games are running so horribly in 10.6.4..
I even installed the updated driver that was mentioned earlier in this thread but got no performance boost.
Anyone know of any fixes? :banghead:

Thanks.

Hi all!

Is there anyone out there successfully (QE/CI/Full-Res) rocking an nvidia GTS250 1GB graphics using HDMI or DVI2HDMI donlge under SL 10.6.4?

I've managed to make mine work up to 10.6.2 using custom efi string in my com.apple.boot.plist + the Nvidia kexts from 10.6.1.

I have also tried 10.6.3 but got KP so reverted back to 10.6.2. Now I'm afraid to go to 10.6.4 as this may break my graphics.

See my rig setup in my sig for details.
thanx

Well I managed to do it at last!

A working DVI-to-HDMI hackintosh on 10.6.4 !

I used specific DSDT.aml for my mobo + the Nvidia Kexts from 10.6.1 + (and very important) the OpenCL.Framework from 10.6.2. Actually I copied all Open*.framework stuff from the 10.6.2 /System/Library/Frameworks folder but I think the OpenCL.framework did the trick for my graphics.

For sleep to work I removed the NullCPU....kext from my /Extra/Extensions.

I repaired permissions and boot with the ignore cache option and there it is! 10.6.4 beautiful core i7 Hackintosh with Gigabyte GTS 250 1GB graphics card (full QE/CI) connected with DVI2HDMI dongle.

See my signature for all specs. If anyone is interested PM me to provide files and kexts.

EDIT: I also have GraphicsEnabler Yes in my com.apple.boot.plist by default.
Also a few stuff about graphics ports:
Direct HDMI works but it is very buggy especially when changing resolutions.
DVI and DVI 2 VGA works with simply using the NVenabler from Multibeast.

Is (GigaByte) 250GTS working with just NVEnabler 64.kext (in S/L/E) with full QE/CI/FullRes (1680×1050×32)?
Just asking about simplicity, before bringing that card to home.
BTW: Will HackPro continue working after just replacing GPU card or I will have to reinstall whole OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back