Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the post about -f, but I could only find -F documented in Chameleon.

I wasn't sure if ignoring the boot configuration file was something I wanted to do

I might have to post this in Graphics also, but after the 10.6.3 install, I can't get the external display to work fully (only the cursor is seen, but the rest of the screen is black), or have Front Row running (I'm assuming QE/CI issues).

I'm using GTX 260 Core 216. Could it be that the NVEnabler.kext is out of date or something?

But everything else is working fine and dandy on this Gigabyte P55A-UD3.

Updated to 10.6.3.
Well, I had no sound and USB was messed up. Everything else was ok.
Used Tony's USB and Audio hot fixes and resurrected USB functionality. Still no sound though. By the way while onboard USB didn't work for mice, bluetoth, etc. everything was working just fine when connected to USB hub in my Dell monitor.
FYI: I am one of the early adapters of Tony's first guide. All kexts from that old package are still in place.

Chanelius said:
Updated to 10.6.3.
Well, I had no sound and USB was messed up. Everything else was ok.
Used Tony's USB and Audio hot fixes and resurrected USB functionality. Still no sound though. By the way while onboard USB didn't work for mice, bluetoth, etc. everything was working just fine when connected to USB hub in my Dell monitor.
FYI: I am one of the early adapters of Tony's first guide. All kexts from that old package are still in place.

Hi Chanelius- long time no see! Delete your /Extra folder and use what's in my signature under MY EFI. You'll get sound back. ;) There's a new LegacyHDA and DSDT for the UD2 available. Also, update to F8 if you haven't already.

joshkim

Can you post how you set things up? What BIOS?

I've got a P55A-UD3 like you, but a GTS250 and I'm having all kinds of issues. Can't get the card to run at anything other than 1024x768. Maybe your second monitor issue might be related to my resolution issue.

Been pulling my hair out.

Herb said:
joshkim

Can you post how you set things up? What BIOS?

I've got a P55A-UD3 like you, but a GTS250 and I'm having all kinds of issues. Can't get the card to run at anything other than 1024x768. Maybe your second monitor issue might be related to my resolution issue.

Been pulling my hair out.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but I'm using the f5 BIOS. Not f6, the most recent update to UD3.

I set things up with Multibeast and installed NVEnabler and EVOenabler under Graphics. It was working beautifully before the 10.6.3 update.

Just successfully updated to 10.6.3 using software update. I have the orange drive icons and sound issue (fixed by tony's applehda kext downgrader) like most others. However, my USB keyboard and mouse are working without any fixes.

All/Tony, Can we get a table together of everybody's success/issues with the 10.6.3 upgrade?

Looks like results differ greatly for each motherboard.

Sounds is universal (except for 889a) but all the others seems MB/chipset dependent. It would be good to avoid people reading the whole forum to determine what their issues will be before they pull the trigger.

For the P55A-UD4:

Success with update - both 32-bit and 64-bit kernel (Apple kernel)
Sound fixed with Tony's AppleHDA downgrade
No USB issues
No Drive Icon colour issues
7-8% increase in Geekbench score

Standard F9 DSDT with SpeedStep additions

I think that is the salient info.

IB

IceBear said:
All/Tony, Can we get a table together of everybody's success/issues with the 10.6.3 upgrade?

Looks like results differ greatly for each motherboard.

Sounds is universal (except for 889a) but all the others seems MB/chipset dependent. It would be good to avoid people reading the whole forum to determine what their issues will be before they pull the trigger.

For the P55A-UD4:

Success with update - both 32-bit and 64-bit kernel (Apple kernel)
Sound fixed with Tony's AppleHDA downgrade
No USB issues
No Drive Icon colour issues
7-8% increase in Geekbench score

Standard F9 DSDT with SpeedStep additions

I think that is the salient info.

IB

Sounds like a good idea- I've tried to pull together some fixes at the bottom of the blog post. Could you scan the thread and make up a Google Spreadsheet or something? I'll link it to the top page. Otherwise a clear list of stuff- and I'll put it up there. Thanks. :clap:

Here is the link to the SpreadSheet - please enter your results...

Sorry I can't collate all the results so far - it's 8:22am here in NZ and I need to go to work :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back