Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 10.6.3 released

Oops, didn't notice right away my sound doesn't work. Trying Tony's fix (10.6.2 kext) now.

Interesting thing happen to me, my USB mouse is no longer working after updating to 10.6.3? Since I can't browse around I don't know what else is working / not working. Thank god I used SuperDuper to backup first.

Cheers

The P55 chipset is now supported for SATA with this update. If you are injecting ICH10 or lower device IDs into your DSDT you can now remove them and your drives should be supported natively. If not try the following under SATA:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x22, 0x3B, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

@FatShenanigans- tried it both removing the section entirely and with that code- still Orange icons.

For some reason the Gigabyte DSDT is inserting the Gigabyte device id "pci1458," into the SATA and HDEF devices. Which in turn causes this problem and problems with audio.

For example, if you look in IORegistryExplorer at "IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2" the Gigabyte pci device "pci1458,b005" is being inserted into the Property compatible.

That causes the device to be recognized as IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice (external) instead of IOAHCISerialATPI (internal) as the following kernel log message shows:

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRT0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/MAXTOR STM3160815AS Media/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Test HD@2

I think if we can expunge all references to Gigabyte in the DSDT it will help in curing this issues.

I installed 10.6.3 here, fixed audio with 10.6.2 kext, don't mind the orange drive icons... but wasn't 10.6.3 supposed to know about the i7 860, or does the AsereBLN Bootloader need an update as well?

I'm tired of seeing Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Edit: I modified smbios_patcher.c in AsereBLN 1.1.9 sources to return 0x0701 if greater than or equal to 4 cores. 10.6.3 reports an i7 after that. For i5 0x0601 works.

Now I don't have to wait. Knowing just enough C is cool sometimes :D

10.6.3 update working on gigabyte P55A-UD4P with i5 750. Used audio patch, works.
nvenabler works with my GTS250, USB keyboard/mouse work (logitech wireless)

tonymacx86 said:
@FatShenanigans- tried it both removing the section entirely and with that code- still Orange icons.

Really? I just finished testing on my main experimental system, the EVGA P55 LE.

I have native USB support, I just tested with the SATA code and I'm seeing "Intel 5 series Chipset" showing up in each of the 6 ports.

I also have native SBUS support. Everything is more or less...vanilla. It's bizarre...in a good way :clap:

All of the things I planned to fix with the USB ports have worked themselves out. It's identifying my ports as two main hubs just like the real iMac.

I need to test with my other systems next but I need to make sure all of my files are safe first.

Edit - even my LAN is actually showing a Gigabit connection where the light is on in the back! It's not working yet, but it's a step in the right direction! Now I'm excited again :)

I'm sure we can easily fix everyones issues - this is what we've been waiting for :)

Attachments

• FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg
    FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 325

Anybody had a USB fix yet?

Cheers

USB not working here ether. Also my resolution is now awful using a 8400gs card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back