Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 10.6.3 released

rich said:
can you post the boot loader please tony? id love for my hack to show the CPU properly just like the iMacs.

It's the default AsereBLN boot- you just have to add the smCPU info to smbios.plist as per the previous post. :)

We should have had this all along! :p

haha ya ive done this, but i get those ™ and ® symbols i just want it to say "Intel Core i5" like the iMacs… im picky :twisted: (im using 1.1.9 btw)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-31 at 12.06.15 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-31 at 12.06.15 AM.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 203

rich said:
haha ya ive done this, but i get those ™ and ® symbols i just want it to say "Intel Core i5" like the iMacs… im picky :twisted: (im using 1.1.9 btw)

Weird- what number are you adding to smbios?

SMcputype=1537 i assumed it was just outputting what the BIOS reported the Core i5 as.

using the iMac 11,1 smbios with just SMUUID & SMcputype added.

EDIT: i know i posted a 10.6.2 About This Mac :lol: probably has something to do with it. ive only installed 10.6.3 on my clone and for some reason my hack is not reading my iMac 11,1 smbios with SMcputype=1537 and appearing as a Mac Pro 3,1 with "SOMESRLNUMBR" as the serial number WTF :?: so i cant test it.

Updated without a problem. Sound fixed worked and no orange icons.
Slight Geekbench speed increase, but Cinebench is still reporting 28FPS vs 42FPS using XP. :(

MitchM said:
Slight Geekbench speed increase, but Cinebench is still reporting 28FPS vs 42FPS using XP. :(

Are you using IOBlockStorageInjector.kext in /Extra? That would set drives back to internal. Thanks! :geek:

I'd like to know what's different as well. That's my board and I see orange drives.

I'm not using IOBlockStorageInjector.kext as I want to be as vanilla as possible.

tonymacx86 said:
MitchM said:

Are you using IOBlockStorageInjector.kext in /Extra? That would set drives back to internal. Thanks! :geek:

As I mentioned, without any kext using -f switch drives are internal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back