Contribute
Register

Mac Mini-Intel DH61AG

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolorm said:
Hi all.
My new hackintosh project will be with the intel mini itx DH61AG, but I'd like to use the Mac mini original case (don't mind if it's 2010/2011). I've seen them on ebay.
Japanese forum "Chiphell" has multiple users who have used the mac mini case, as you can see googling "chiphell mini case", but I have several questions.
1 - Is it possible to screw the motherboard to the mac mini case? If it can not, can you use a velcro or similar solution?
2 - The heatsink of the attached photo, would be perfect for the DH61AG, but I do not know where to find or if it's sold somewhere. I don't speak japanese. :)

My idea is to use the intel i5 2405S + Crucial M4 SSD128GB + 4x2 Corsair 1333 +1TB HDD

Thanks and sorry for my English, I'm spanish.
If you mean the original white minis, they are just to small to fit a mini itx.
As for the heatsink it looks like some sort of graphics cooler modified to fit and work in a small case.

Gus said:
lolorm said:
Hi all.
My new hackintosh project will be with the intel mini itx DH61AG, but I'd like to use the Mac mini original case (don't mind if it's 2010/2011). I've seen them on ebay.
Japanese forum "Chiphell" has multiple users who have used the mac mini case, as you can see googling "chiphell mini case", but I have several questions.
1 - Is it possible to screw the motherboard to the mac mini case? If it can not, can you use a velcro or similar solution?
2 - The heatsink of the attached photo, would be perfect for the DH61AG, but I do not know where to find or if it's sold somewhere. I don't speak japanese. :)

My idea is to use the intel i5 2405S + Crucial M4 SSD128GB + 4x2 Corsair 1333 +1TB HDD

If you mean the original white minis, they are just to small to fit a mini itx.
As for the heatsink it looks like some sort of graphics cooler modified to fit and work in a small case.

No, I mean about minis 2010 & 2011, the aluminium case, not white ones. In the japanese forum I mentioned there are several users with their minis case and this motherboard with success. I think it's possible, but I don't know how. First of all, how to attach the motherboard to the case it's a very important problem and second, the sink, I'been searching about olds graphics sinks and I can't find no one.

I agree with both of you, but money it's not the problem. I want a mac mini made by myself for use as a htpc. What I'm calculating would be more or less same as original mac mini, but, obviosuly, without thunderbolt port.
I'll re-think my project. Probably I'll put another case (I'm thinking about wasena or streacom F1C) because it's a lot of less working than a mac mini case, and, as several of you told me, I'll put a 2105 instead of 2405S because of heating problems.

Yeah guys I am just doing this for the challange. I agree with you that just buy a mini. This for me is fun not really for a computer to have and use like I would a mini.

Gus said:
Yeah guys I am just doing this for the challange. I agree with you that just buy a mini. This for me is fun not really for a computer to have and use like I would a mini.

Sure. For me, do this it's something personal. Nothing else. My head doesn't stop. Now, I'm planning using an old cable company set top box for use as a mini case. When I get the motherboard (I hope tomorrow), I'll post my results.

Yeah!!! :thumbup: :clap: I'm trying to register at chiphell, but my chinesse it's not fluid. Even the english... :banghead: Can you tell me how do you have bought the kit? I've seen that it's necessary the mentioned sink, an internal case for fit the motherboard and the back black panel. And, of course, the mac mini case. Is all that things that you have bought? I'm very interested in your progress, because I don't know how choose: i3 2105 vs i5 2405S. Heat problems?
Thanks!!!

Have any builds been done with this board? All works 100%? DSDT? I ask as this site seems to be 70% Gigabyte and finding info on working boards that aren't GB can be patchy. I'm looking at this board for a custom case as well.....

Methanoid said:
Have any builds been done with this board? All works 100%? DSDT? I ask as this site seems to be 70% Gigabyte and finding info on working boards that aren't GB can be patchy. I'm looking at this board for a custom case as well.....

There is more on this MB at this thread viewtopic.php?f=76&t=41231

neil

lolorm said:
Hi all.

Hi,

Sorry for my crappy English... :oops:

I live in France and I have purchase the kit for mac mini that you saw on Chiphell. I will explain how as soon as possible (I have a lot of work).

As soon as I have some time, I'll post pictures of my Mac Mini Mod DH61AG, i3 2125, 4x2GB G.SKILL + kit cpu/MB Tray / IO for mac mini 2010/2011.

BlackTusker said:
lolorm said:
Hi all.

Hi,

Sorry for my crappy English... :oops:

I live in France and I have purchase the kit for mac mini that you saw on Chiphell. I will explain how as soon as possible (I have a lot of work).

As soon as I have some time, I'll post pictures of my Mac Mini Mod DH61AG, i3 2125, 4x2GB G.SKILL + kit cpu/MB Tray / IO for mac mini 2010/2011.

Ok!!! I'll be waiting for you, my neighbour friend!!
I contacted with a chinesse boy and at least he didn't sell me the kit because he didn't use paypal (more or less, 100€).... I need the whole kit and the information how did you buy it. If you're in France, I think I won't have problems in Spain.
Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back