Contribute
Register

Mac Mini-Intel DH61AG

Status
Not open for further replies.
maggicopinti said:
I am using i3 2105, motherboard bios updated to .31, beastyfellows's patched DSDT. I thought Chimera 1.7 would make it work, but no luck...
I also tried HDgraphics+HD SNBgraphicsFB (don't remember exact name, I'm writing from iphone...) but when loaded, the screen frezees. I suppose lion uses hdmi, as OS appears to be loaded (I can hear sounds from headphones if I push volume buttons). I only have an old monitor with VGA, so I don't know if kexts are actually loaded.
I don't know much about the software side of things. But I guess if you can try HDMI or DVI output then go for that!

Gus said:
maggicopinti said:
I am using i3 2105, motherboard bios updated to .31, beastyfellows's patched DSDT. I thought Chimera 1.7 would make it work, but no luck...
I also tried HDgraphics+HD SNBgraphicsFB (don't remember exact name, I'm writing from iphone...) but when loaded, the screen frezees. I suppose lion uses hdmi, as OS appears to be loaded (I can hear sounds from headphones if I push volume buttons). I only have an old monitor with VGA, so I don't know if kexts are actually loaded.
I don't know much about the software side of things. But I guess if you can try HDMI or DVI output then go for that!

Yes you will not have a good experience with VGA as it is not supported in HD 3000. And my experience with thermal management on the DH61AG leaves me wondering if you will be able run a "desktop" CPU in the mini form factor.

neil

neilhart said:
Yes you will not have a good experience with VGA as it is not supported in HD 3000. And my experience with thermal management on the DH61AG leaves me wondering if you will be able run a "desktop" CPU in the mini form factor.
neil
Do you mean the power management stuff under osx doesn't work well, so things would constantly be on and creating heat? I need to get a better understanding of all the kexts and the like, as just now it seems like some serious wizardry!

Gus said:
neilhart said:
neil

My system has been switched on all night long (>10 hrs) continuously and it did not show any overheating problem: the Mac mini case probably helps heatsink process. However, I have to admit that I've never put the plastic mac mini cover on. This will be the next step (after making HD3000 working, no success so far :banghead: ). I will use four screws to put the HDD in its place...

Marcello

maggicopinti said:
My system has been switched on all night long (>10 hrs) continuously and it did not show any overheating problem: the Mac mini case probably helps heatsink process. However, I have to admit that I've never put the plastic mac mini cover on. This will be the next step (after making HD3000 working, no success so far :banghead: ). I will use four screws to put the HDD in its place...
Marcello
When do we get pictures :D

Does the gpu cooler have a fan on it? Is it so long that is sits inside the mini, or does it "float" through the circular hole in the bottom and is held on by the thermal glue/paste?

Gus said:
maggicopinti said:
Marcello

Does the gpu cooler have a fan on it? Is it so long that is sits inside the mini, or does it "float" through the circular hole in the bottom and is held on by the thermal glue/paste?

Pictures are coming. Just the time to connect my iphone the the imac. The gpu cooler has a FAN on it, and is held by the paste. But the cover, once in its position, should stick the cooler. Before closing the system, I have to make a hole in the cover, and put a grid on it.

maggicopinti said:
Gus said:
maggicopinti said:
Marcello

Pictures are coming. Just the time to connect my iphone the the imac. The gpu cooler has a FAN on it, and is held by the paste. But the cover, once in its position, should stick the cooler. Before closing the system, I have to make a hole in the cover, and put a grid on it.

Attachments

• MacMini4 (1).jpg
    MacMini4 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 833
  • MacMini4.jpg
    MacMini4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 707
  • MacMini2.jpg
    MacMini2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 623
  • MacMini1.jpg
    MacMini1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 618
Just an update: Mac Mini (almost) completed, I just need a new brand monitor, with HDMI for my HD 3000. This is the final result:

Attachments

• IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 875
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 484
Nice job!!!
What are the temps like. Can I see what you did to the bottom please?

Gus

I keep checking for an update on this Mac Mini-Intel DH61AG thread.

Gus - any progress?

maggicopinti - any progress?

neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back