Contribute
Register

Mac Mini-Intel DH61AG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi lolorm!

Sorry for the..."suspens"...i' m very, very busy :yawn:

I have a little trouble with my order. I not realized that I have not received the good cooling system. I received the cooling system for the motherboard TH61G of Wibtek :beachball:

Now i planned to go through another vendor to obtain good cooling system, that of the DH61AG of course... :rolleyes:

Stil 3 weeks to 1 month hope to receive it. Then when i receive it, i'll post a return on experience with some pictures.
Sorry again for that.

So just ordered a MyDigitalSSD Smart Sata III 256GB mSATA for this project! I ordered an IR board, a Bluetooth board from a Macbook. I also ordered the front frame for a mac mini, the front IR + Sleep light board from the mini and some screws so I can use the twist lock of the bottom case. Idea being to have fully functional original sleep light and IR on the front of the mini. I do not think the mini's IR board will work as I believe it is just the "eye" on the board and the logic processor is on the Logic Board but I want to attempt and use the mini's eye for the Macbook's board.
Very excited to get started on this again.

I am going to start by trying blocks of metal as the cpu cooler, to transfer heat to the aluminum case. 4 nuts, or similar, will be glued to the top of the mini's interior in line with the CPU mounting holes. This will allow the board to be help in position as well as applying pressure around the CPU for heat transfer. Unfortunately because of the shape of the case I can not use the proper board mounting holes, being the holes in the corners of the board. Does anyone think that having the board suspended from the top of the case by only 4 bolts around the CPU would be any different from having it suspended from the proper mounting holes in the corners? I can't see how, except that the proper mounting holes may have grounding rings on them.

Could anyone with the intel DH61AG board do me a massive favour? I got an OEM board so could you please trace the rear I/O shield and sent it to me through email. Would be so good. I would appreciate it traced, and then either on the same page or on another page traced with the external measurements written on it. Had trouble getting minihacks G4 motherboard tray printed, hence the measurements.

Thanks if you can help.

Have you tried if optical audio works, as I understand the 3.5 mm analog audio out also has built in optical toslink. From the intel technical product specification:
"― Digital/analog stereo line-out (2-in-1 digital/analog back panel jack)"

this is confirmed here as well,
http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-249-505.html

So my question is if anyone here with this board got this working in os x?

cheers

Have you tried if optical audio works, as I understand the 3.5 mm analog audio out also has built in optical toslink. From the intel technical product specification:
"― Digital/analog stereo line-out (2-in-1 digital/analog back panel jack)"

this is confirmed here as well,
http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-249-505.html

cheers

Unfortunately I'm not able to test that as 1, my system isn't up and running fully yet. 2, I don't have any optical devices to test with.
Sorry. Perhaps another user could be of more assistance.

Ok, I'm thinking of maybe going with ivy bridge instead, for example intel dh77df, haven't decided yet.

It works.
Tested OK.
The combined rear oudio-out (green) connected to my age old Onkyo receiver using optical fibercabel with 3,5mm TOSLINK-adapter as mentioned obove.
Nevermind, but it's the same procedure as with my MacBook from 2007, huh ;-)

config: DH61AG, Intel i3 3225, video HD4000, video out-> DVI, DSDT configured with no HDMI-out; OSX 10.7.5

optical_digital_out.jpg

Hi guys,
I have the same mobo with i7 3770S HD4000 processor
ordinary 500gb 7200 SATA drive
and thats all

I made unibeast USB installer and tried to install mountain lion but i am stucked on still waiting for root device

I don't know if it is SATA drive or HD4000 problem (because in verbose mode i see
couldnt alloc class appleHDAcontroller

can you help me please?
thx

Hi guys,
I have the same mobo with i7 3770S HD4000 processor
ordinary 500gb 7200 SATA drive
and thats all

I made unibeast USB installer and tried to install mountain lion but i am stucked on still waiting for root device

I don't know if it is SATA drive or HD4000 problem (because in verbose mode i see
couldnt alloc class appleHDAcontroller

can you help me please?
thx

The first thing to check into is the BIOS version on your Intel D61AG motherboard. The board predates your CPU and the Intel CPU table indicates that BIOS # 039 in the minimum. Also that the table tells which rev of the motherboard is supported by Ive Bridge CPUs. Then I would make sure that you have the SATA support set in the BIOS to AHCI. Also of interest the latest BIOS is # 105.

I have this Intel motherboard in my G4 Cube hack running a Sandy Bridge CPU, i3-2125, with HD 3000 video and just recently updated to OS X 10.8.3.

Good luck with your project.
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back