Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So the mac app store cant "verify my device/computer" when i try to log into it to download an app. At 10.6.6 I know of a workaround for this where i replace the commerce.framework with a fresh one i downloaded from a forum somewhere and then i can download whatever from the app store... my problem is that once i upgrade to Lion it seems to replace that folder with an usable version again and then if i try to replace it after deleting the Lion one it just sits in "preparing to replace" or whatever indefinitely and nothing happens. I even tried, on the last install back to snow lep, to put a duplicate commerce.frameworks folder in there with some extra numbers and then after I installed Lion i went back in and deleted the problem folder and tried to rename my duplicate but it gave me like a -3087 error message or something and said it couldn't rename the folder. Do you lose access with Lion to these folders or something? I've got no problems just going back to 10.6.8 where i KNOW i can have the app store working...but i wouldn't mind being on Lion. Any thoughts?

Grifftology said:
So the mac app store cant "verify my device/computer" when i try to log into it to download an app.

Same problem here.

dordor2011 said:
Same problem here.

Well i just updated to 10.7.1 and I'm going to see if the commerce.frameworks trick works...if it doesnt then i'm going back to 10.6.8 and staying there. If you want the link/folder let me know.

Go to the folder named 'Extra' with in your Lion OS and look for a file called 'com.apple.Boot.plist' add this to the bottom

Code:
key>PCIRootUID</key>
	<string>1</string>

ensure that

Code:
</dict>
</plist>
is below it as shown

Code:
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
	<string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

The tip worked for me.

Unfortunately my second monitor doesn't work right after changing this file.

It works right up until it switches to the right resolution and shows the desktop. What's wrong? How do I right it?

Thanks for your help.

Seb.

Here's my file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I changed it back and my second screen works again.

So I just add and remove those lines if I want to access the store?

I'd be glad for some input.

Thanks and thanks again for the first tip.

Cheers, Seb.

:arrow: Remove your ethernet/wireless whatever from the network interfaces list. (system prefs>network)
:arrow: Do the fix above
:arrow: Restart
:arrow: Re-add your network devices (whatever you removed beforehand) so that you are back online
:arrow: Try App store again (should work)

Above worked fine for me this way :thumbup:

Thanks inertSpark,

but even adding the "fix above" "kills" my second screen, removing the "fix" revives it.

Removing the ethernet from the network interface list didn't change anything.

The App Store worked with the fix and without the second screen.

Try doing the fix, then re-running Multibeast to sort your graphics out. It's worth a try if you havent already done so.

Hello again.

I tried your advice and it did not change anything. 2nd screen is blank again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back