Contribute
Register

Mac App Store not working in Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sebhac said:
Hello again.

I tried your advice and it did not change anything. 2nd screen is blank again.

I just touched up on this in another thread.

In the end I made sure I had dual monitor as I couldnt live without them but was ok with no App store.
I think I then did the network card trick and it worked. No edit needed to the .plist.

satch said:

In the end I made sure I had dual monitor as I couldnt live without them but was ok with no App store.
I think I then did the network card trick and it worked. No edit needed to the .plist.

How did you make sure that the second monitor worked??

sebhac said:
satch said:

How did you make sure that the second monitor worked??

Im not sure of your question, Sebhac. :/.
Apart from it acting as a second monitor and being able to move folders and such to it.

Hello satch,

satch said:

I understood your comment that you "lost" your second monitor when you got the App Store to work and that you "regained" your second monitor when you "disabled" the App Store again.
If that is correct I would like to know how you got the second monitor working again. Because I could not get mine working again. As you said: the App Store is not as important to me as the second monitor.

sebhac said:
Hello satch,

satch said:

I understood your comment that you "lost" your second monitor when you got the App Store to work and that you "regained" your second monitor when you "disabled" the App Store again.
If that is correct I would like to know how you got the second monitor working again. Because I could not get mine working again. As you said: the App Store is not as important to me as the second monitor.

Ok, from what I remember I possibly started my install of Lion again and did below.
But, to save you from doing that; search your OS for any 'ATI' kexts and then deleting them, there could possible be two if I can recall. Then use multibeast to install the relevant .kexts again, I assume its for ATI judging by your specs. After that install one of the patches below which match the version you have.

For 10.7.2:
http://rghost.ru/25837401

for 10.7.1:
http://www.multiupload.com/ZR1YO9DKXY

If that fails then add:
PCIrootUID=1 to your .plist file

The reason I lost my second monitor was because I added the above to the .plist. I then got rid of that and tried deleting the network and renaming and it worked. But by then I had figuid out how to install Lion and it worked after installing the exoctic patch.

Satch,

thanks for your replay.
Removing kexts and reinstalling ATI via Multiboot didn't change anything in itself.
I did not dare yet to use the exotic patch.
What does it do?
Does it work for ATI 6850??
And how do I get rid of it if it does not work? I don't want to "endanger" my system that pretty much works (instead of dual monitors and sleep).

PCIrootUID=1 worked previously (10.7.1) to enable the Apple Store and disable the second monitor but removing it makes iCloud etc. work, adding it does not bring back my monitor as it did earlier! Now even the App Store does not work anymore.

sebhac said:
Satch,

thanks for your replay.
Removing kexts and reinstalling ATI via Multiboot didn't change anything in itself.
I did not dare yet to use the exotic patch.
What does it do?
Does it work for ATI 6850??
And how do I get rid of it if it does not work? I don't want to "endanger" my system that pretty much works (instead of dual monitors and sleep).

PCIrootUID=1 worked previously (10.7.1) to enable the Apple Store and disable the second monitor but removing it makes iCloud etc. work, adding it does not bring back my monitor as it did earlier! Now even the App Store does not work anymore.

Ok sebhac,
Can you tell me what OS and version your running please :).
The exoctic patch, basically does as it says it patches a helper file and one more I cant think of, Im pretty sure it wont throw up a kernal panic so try it I think itl be fine mate, honestly. If you need to remove it use Multibeast to install the relevant files.

If you havent, remove the PCIRoot from the .plist and restart and try the exoctic patch and do the network removing/renaming trick.

Listen, in all honesty you need to take risks with this, sometimes itl fail and youll get panic errors but its one of the only ways youll get your install working to your liking. Obviuosly I cant be there and go through it myself, which would be 110% easier.
I have spent many, many hours farting about with this to the point it made me go crazy lol ;).

sebhac said:
I'm running 10.7.2

kk, well like I said above just try it and it should be fine.
I have used the 10.7.2 and was fine, just try it ;).

We can only go so far by not trying anything otherwise itl be guessing and nothing happening.

I give you a run down of what I'm doing, also to keep track of it myself.
I installed the patch - nothing happened.

Then I noticed that I have the PCIRootUID thing in another .plist file (org.chameleon.Boot.plist); before I changed it in "smbios.plist"

Now the second monitor works!
iCloud (syncing to my iPhone) with Calendar and Contacts both directions work, Fotostream works (both directions). I do not dare to try to sign off and on again to iCloud. Now I'm signed on.
App Store does not work.
Adding PCIRoot... to org.chameleon... killed the second monitor again.
App Store still does not work.
Removing Ethernet and Firewire Network devices got me a kernel panic right after boot prompt. Rebooting works (strangely that seems to happen more than once: first a kernel panic, then reboot and no problems).
Adding ethernet doesn't change anything.
Now I'm adding PCIRootUID to the smbios.plist file as well. Reboot - kernel panic.
Reboot - no kernel panic.
App store still does not work.
Removing PCIRootUID from both .plist files, reboot. No kernel panic, second monitor is back. iCloud seems to work still.

Well, conclusion: App Store does not work in any way I tried - doesn't matter if one or two monitors work, but I have both monitors and iCloud still works. At least I already bought Final Cut Pro X...
So I'm almost happy - thanks satch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back