Contribute
Register

Mac App Store (and anything iCloud) not working on Acer C720 Chromebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I've got everything except for graphics (hopefully!) implemented. I haven't added -gux-defer-usb2 to the kernel flags section of my boot.plist, so that's why that might not show up. However, I did boot up with it before and it seemed to work fine.

Here's my updated ioreg:

View attachment 136284

But "About This Mac" still doesn't work. Might be because of the graphics. Could I just set the graphics myself instead of OS X doing that? Kinda like changing what the CPU and RAM info is in OSX86Tools.

Thanks!

Make sure AppleACPIPlatform.kext is vanilla. Do a fresh install if necessary.

Power management is not implemented correctly still (I see NullCPUPowerManagement loaded).

EDIT: I don't have a brightness slider in in SysPrefs>Displays. Hmm....

Guide is linked by my prior post.

Where can I find a copy of AppleACPIPlatform.kext? I don't want to do a complete reinstall of Mountain Lion....

I should just remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and repair permissions, correct?

Thanks!

[deleted]

Last edited:
I've decided to stop trying to fix "About This Mac" because once I got the vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext, my NullEthernet stopped working. I remember that I had to use an old version of the kext to get it working. Thank goodness I backed up the old kext.

Thanks for your help anyway, though. It's certainly appreciated.

NullEthernet will work with vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext. You have some other issue with your config...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back