i3-8100
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there everyone-

I successfully Hackintoshed my Acer C720 Chromebook with OS X 10.8.5 (whenever I try something newer I get stuck at XCPM: registered). I used a USB Wi-Fi adapter to get Wi-Fi access.

The problem is that no iCloud services work. Whenever I try to log in to the Mac App Store, iMessage, etc I get the error "Your device or computer could not be verified." I've googled around a bit and can't find anything that'll work. EthernetBuiltIn doesn't work and neither does PCIRootUID=1. I think it's because I don't have an Ethernet port on this computer. Any suggestions? I am certainly open to buying any USB Ethernet cards, as well.

Thank you!

Hi there everyone-

I successfully Hackintoshed my Acer C720 Chromebook with OS X 10.8.5 (whenever I try something newer I get stuck at XCPM: registered). I used a USB Wi-Fi adapter to get Wi-Fi access.

The problem is that no iCloud services work. Whenever I try to log in to the Mac App Store, iMessage, etc I get the error "Your device or computer could not be verified." I've googled around a bit and can't find anything that'll work. EthernetBuiltIn doesn't work and neither does PCIRootUID=1. I think it's because I don't have an Ethernet port on this computer. Any suggestions? I am certainly open to buying any USB Ethernet cards, as well.

Thank you!

You need to use NullEthernet.kext. See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet

Alright, I installed it using Kext Utility. I took the patch.txt and opened a new TextEdit document and pasted the contents of patch.txt into it and saved it as ssdt-1.aml in /Extra. I'm still getting the error though, so I don't really think I installed it correctly....

Thanks for all your help so far!

Alright, I installed it using Kext Utility. I took the patch.txt and opened a new TextEdit document and pasted the contents of patch.txt into it and saved it as ssdt-1.aml in /Extra. I'm still getting the error though, but I don't really think I installed it correctly....

Thanks for all your help so far!

You should read the instructions carefully. You need to apply patch.txt to your DSDT. Read the DSDT patching guide if you're not familiar: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

I don't have any DSDT's. I'm assuming I need to make a new one to get this to work? I don't really know, I'm a noob and the instructions are a bit unclear.

Thanks!

I don't have any DSDT's. I'm assuming I need to make a new one to get this to work? I don't really know, I'm a noob and the instructions are a bit unclear.

Thanks!

You could also use the SSDT. You'll need to read/learn.

Alright -

I tried using MaciAML but that kept crashing upon start. Instead, I used DSDT Editor and patched the DSDT. Booted the system up with -v and DSDT=/Extra/dsdt.aml, the system boots flawlessly, and I even get a log message saying the Ethernet MAC address is 11:22:33:44:55:66. I also enabled Ethernet in the Network pane. I still get "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." though. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Alright -

I tried using MaciAML but that kept crashing upon start. Instead, I used DSDT Editor and patched the DSDT. Booted the system up with -v and DSDT=/Extra/dsdt.aml, the system boots flawlessly, and I even get a log message saying the Ethernet MAC address is 11:22:33:44:55:66. I also enabled Ethernet in the Network pane. I still get "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." though. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Make sure it is assigned to 'en0'. Read the entire README so you realize how to reset your network interfaces.

Awesome, it works now after resetting my network interfaces!! Thank you so much for all of your help!

I know this thread is for fixing the Mac App Store, but I've encountered another problem on my Hackintosh. Whenever I click "About This Mac", I get logged out....I've tried doing stuff with OSX86Tools to fix it but nothing seems to be working. System Information (System Profiler) works with no problems....

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back