Contribute
Register

Mac App Store access with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan !!!!

I'm new to this and yesterday my ethernet went dead (after thunderstorms !!!).
I'm trying injector method but i can't understand the steps to follow. Is it possible to tell me step by step what to do?

If your Ethernet is completely dead (not on the PCIe bus), you can't use the injector method. To use the injector, you need to have a device to match against. If it is not there, you can't match against it...

I can't understand what mac address to change in NullEthernetinjector.kext.

You just pick one randomly.

In NullEthernet.kext i see IOPCIMatch 0x816810ec. Shall i change this ?

If your device is on the PCI bus (but non-functional), then change it to match your own vendor/device-id. If the device is so broken such that it not on the PCI bus, then use the SSDT or DSDT method.

Or else i must change the motherboard !!!!!!!!!!!

Well, with a desktop, you could always buy a PCI/PCIe Ethernet card.

So, I've run a few Hackintoshes but not enough to be an expert at all the processes. I built a new system and this is the first time I used Clover so I'm still a little new at some of this. I've installed the kext and created a patched folder in the EFI/CLOVER folder and added the included SSDT renamed to ssdt.aml, but the NullEthernet kext isn't loading. I can see it in System Information, it's just not loading. I'm not sure what step I'm missing here as I've gone over everything several times.

I'm curious of a couple of things though, "ssdt.aml" is ok if it's the only ssdt I have, correct? Or does it need to be "ssdt-1.aml"? Also, can I even use an SSDT when I don't have a DSDT? My build is DSDT free and I thought that rather than creating one, it would be easier to just drop the ssdt in. Maybe I need to tell it to load ssdts somewhere since I didn't have any previously?

So, I've run a few Hackintoshes but not enough to be an expert at all the processes. I built a new system and this is the first time I used Clover so I'm still a little new at some of this. I've installed the kext and created a patched folder in the EFI/CLOVER folder and added the included SSDT renamed to ssdt.aml, but the NullEthernet kext isn't loading.

Not EFI/Clover/patched... /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

I'm curious of a couple of things though, "ssdt.aml" is ok if it's the only ssdt I have, correct? Or does it need to be "ssdt-1.aml"?

Either one will work in Clover. Clover does not require SSDTs to be sequentially numbered as Chameleon does.

Also, can I even use an SSDT when I don't have a DSDT?

Yes. And, of course, you "have" a DSDT as the native one is being provided to OS X by the bootloader.

Not EFI/Clover/patched... /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Either one will work in Clover. Clover does not require SSDTs to be sequentially numbered as Chameleon does.

Yes. And, of course, you "have" a DSDT as the native one is being provided to OS X by the bootloader.

Ah, that was it. It needed to be in the ACPI folder. I was wondering that, but the github readme didn't mention the ACPI folder. Thanks for the clarifications too. Good driver!

Ah, that was it. It needed to be in the ACPI folder. I was wondering that, but the github readme didn't mention the ACPI folder. Thanks for the clarifications too. Good driver!

I'll check for the typo and fix it... Thanks.

Hello again rehabman :), I've tried patching my dsdt.aml with the patch provided and also adding the ssdt with a different name (ssdt-1.aml) by itself and the kext isn't loading. What could be wrong?. My View attachment config.plist. Thanks

Hello again rehabman :), I've tried patching my dsdt.aml with the patch provided and also adding the ssdt with a different name (ssdt-1.aml) by itself and the kext isn't loading. What could be wrong?. My View attachment 126607. Thanks

Did you install the NullEthernet.kext with a kext installer? (I usually use Kext Wizard)

yes, used kext wizard.

Did you repair permissions & rebuild cache? Did you check for errors during the cache rebuild? Did you install it to /S/L/E? Are you certain your patched DSDT and/or SSDT is being loaded by the bootloader?

Did you repair permissions & rebuild cache? Did you check for errors during the cache rebuild? Did you install it to /S/L/E? Are you certain your patched DSDT and/or SSDT is being loaded by the bootloader?

edit: somehow it works now, but I'm still unable to download anything off MAS (getting the "your device cannot be verified" error message when attempting to login). Could it be something related to the macaddress? I can see the Ethernet in SysPrefs/Network and it says "self assigned ip" and "connected" under status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back