Contribute
Register

Low resolution booting Opencore, but fixed after replugging DP cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z87-G43
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
HD 7950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have succesfully transferred to Opencore, but when I boot, it seems like it does not detect my display correctly. I will only have the option for 1080p and lower, on my 4K display. When I disconnect and reconnect my DP cable again, I can choose 4K and it works fine!

I boot my system, it boots in this low 1080i resolution, in display settings the display icon has a black screen. Then I unplug and replug my DP cable again, the logo in display settings has its screen on and I can put it on 4K again. But obviously this is annoying to do with every boot...

How can I fix this issue?

I'm using the latest version of Opencore 0.6.3, with the latest version of Catalina.

iMac 15,1 - Radeon HD7950 - MSi Z87-G43

I have succesfully transferred to Opencore, but when I boot, it seems like it does not detect my display correctly. I will only have the option for 1080p and lower, on my 4K display. When I disconnect and reconnect my DP cable again, I can choose 4K and it works fine!

I boot my system, it boots in this low 1080i resolution, in display settings the display icon has a black screen. Then I unplug and replug my DP cable again, the logo in display settings has its screen on and I can put it on 4K again. But obviously this is annoying to do with every boot...

How can I fix this issue?

I'm using the latest version of Opencore 0.6.3, with the latest version of Catalina.

iMac 15,1 - Radeon HD7950 - MSi Z87-G43
Did you find a solution?
I am experiencing the same thing (Big Sur) and so far I have not been able to resolve it, in vain to modify the config.plist file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back