HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
i'm using 10.8.2 on an Asus P8H77-I with patched BIOS. The Board has an Realtek 8111F LAN chipset. The lnx2mac 0.90 driver is the only one giving me a working LAN. Even the original Realtek drivers 2.06 are not working. Unfortunately after wake from sleep the LAN connection is lost and only returns after restart. All tips from threats regarding 0.67 and wake issues, like ifconfig up&down, darkwake=0, BIOS settings etc, do not work.
Finally I found a solution. Checking "wake on ethernet activity" in energy savings tab helped. Actually the machine won't wake like for an actual MAC just by clicking on the icon in Finder, but WOL and ethernet after wake work.

Now to my Problem: As stated in a pop up window when you check that box, the mac will occasionally wake from sleep and tell all other devices, that he's still alive. Now my hackintosh does this far to often. Sometimes a few times in row. Up and down and up and down.

So either I need a fix that the machines stays in sleep a little longer or I have to fix the no ethernet after wake issue. Until now I could not find a solution.
Every help is appreciated.

Thank you
Nico

Hi Nico,

i finally run into the same problem, only self assigned IP but no connection after sleep. During my tests it comes up that even if i unplug the cable during operation, wait 20 seconds, and re-plug the system, i run into the same problem.

Your wake-from-sleep solution does not work for me (slightly different Asus P8Z77-M Pro), but unloading and loading the lnx2mac kernel extension for Realtek does it. So it seems that there is a problem in the code of the driver, at least for ML 10.8.2. But the development of the driver seems pretty dead & closed source (no reply to Mietze wakeup-call regarding GPL).

So i currently i ended up to use a older Intel Pro 1000 PT Dual Port Server 82571EB (x4, Chipset 82571EB), OEM card for IBM xSeries, it worked out of the box with vanilla driver (AppleIntel8254XEthernet). No issues with wake/sleep!

Bye, steve

Hello steveNS33, i have the same problem and will try your solution with WOL to see if it realy work after wake from sleep. Its nice to see that i'm not the only one, but it would be much better if we have a solution. So if i get it to work i will write it here.

@kin0kin

Is this really a solution - the other RealtekDriver from ML you mentioned is the one from Realtek, which is known for doing sometimes Kernelpanics :( If you take a look on there official site, it's only tested up to 10.7?!
Did you recognise such KernelPanics during your tests ?

By

I know this is a few month old thread but I just want to add that I seem to have solved this issue on my latest build (P8Z77-M) with use of DSDT with a motherboard patch from PJALM and HDMI patch from Toleda.

Previously I only had network connection on a cold boot. No network upon wake from sleep.

Now after adding patched DSDT network is working fine after wake from sleep. I will test more over the next week and will report back if it stops working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back