Contribute
Register

Losing My Mind Over OpenCore Boot Issues

How can I boot verbose, I know that was an option in the OCLP application but no accessing that from where I'm at lol
Restart your Mac, and as soon as it starts to boot, press Command-V (If your Mac plays a startup chime, press Command-V as soon as you hear it).

Restart your Mac, and as soon as it starts to boot, press Command-V (If your Mac plays a startup chime, press Command-V as soon as you hear it).
Okay, just removed the card and tried Command+V. It gave me a different series of text although it still ended in "Halting on critical error"
IMG_0118.jpeg

It's that Airport BRCM fixup kext. Don't need that one at all for your Broadcom card.
Boot in safe mode and see if you get past that panic. Hold down shift key at boot up.

It's that Airport BRCM fixup kext. Don't need that one at all for your Broadcom card.
Boot in safe mode and see if you get past that panic. Hold down shift key at boot up.
Unless I keep doing it incorrectly, still goes straight to the stuck apple logo

Try booting from your USB installer. See if that makes a difference.

Unless I keep doing it incorrectly, still goes straight to the stuck apple logo
hold shift and then turn on mac, leave it pressed down until it boots

Still the apple logo of doom
boot into recovery

try a fresh install

boot from a usb stick and try and access the desktop

when you do get it working, next time, all you need to do is to run the root patches, reboot and maybe reset pram a few times

boot into recovery

try a fresh install

boot from a usb stick and try and access the desktop

when you do get it working, next time, all you need to do is to run the root patches, reboot and maybe reset pram a few times
I've tried each of these and can't get past the apple logo, or a screen saying "Halting on critical error"

Still the apple logo of doom
We don't officially support the OCLP app because we don't make it and it's not intended for use on hacks.
You can visit the OCLP discord or go to macrumors.com to get help. They specialize in OCLP for older MPs.

The big lesson to learn from this: Never install 3rd party kexts to /System/Library etc. on your real Mac Pro. Let the OCLP app root patching do what is required.

Back