Contribute
Register

[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

Hey fellow geeks :)

now while reading through all the forums! trying to figure out how to get my rig with a xfx hd 5750 going on - I see that ya all are speaking "geek/geak" ish! I have no clue what the fook ya talking about!

Can some nice soul please translate ?

My prob as pr say - I managed to pop the iboot, install the osx, did the multi thing and **** + the new combo 6.8... big fail!

I had a good system going 1 year ago, but now when og follow the new setups and download the new files... it just doesnt work!

Hope my system is on my avatar else here goes:

Intel - DH55HC - Motherboard
HD Xfx 5750 - Gpu

rest is like loko :)

Kind regards
Nie

I've read through this read but haven't been able to figure out how exactly to get my card working. I have a

GIGABYTE GV-R577UD-1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB

I am running 10.6.3 (I have given up on updating due to other booting issues) and patched it using EasyBeast. In the system information, the GPU is not identified and I cannot get OpenGL working. I'm learning this as I go so please be as step-by-step with your advice as you can. Please help!

Thanks!

schlaboong12 said:
I've read through this read but haven't been able to figure out how exactly to get my card working. I have a

I am running 10.6.3 (I have given up on updating due to other booting issues) and patched it using EasyBeast. In the system information, the GPU is not identified and I cannot get OpenGL working. I'm learning this as I go so please be as step-by-step with your advice as you can. Please help!

Thanks!

This guide is old given that Snow Leopard is now on 10.6.8 and no need to install the iMac/MBP kexts seperately.

My guess is that if you are using EasyBeast is that you haven't selected PCIRootUID fix in MultiBeast. Try adding that.

volcan96 said:
HoosierInFL said:
I have a Gigabyte 6870. When I run the latest version of Multibeast, it does not have the latest drivers listed as an option. It does not list iMac ATI kexts (1.6.34.13). It only lists several 48xx drivers to choose from. Why is this?

I believe that Multibeast 3.8 has Chimera which has some drivers to recognize ATI cards. That being said, to get certain resolutions you may have to monkey with different configs.

I have a similar card to yours and was able to get it to work by plugging into the display port and inserting the AtiConfig=Duckweed into the EFI string of apple.com.boot.plist.

Thats also my question. All the kexts are for 48xx, whereas my card is 6850. Where can I get the relevant texts from now?

Thanks

notshy said:
schlaboong12 said:

Thanks!

This guide is old given that Snow Leopard is now on 10.6.8 and no need to install the iMac/MBP kexts seperately.

My guess is that if you are using EasyBeast is that you haven't selected PCIRootUID fix in MultiBeast. Try adding that.

Thanks for the idea. I ran MultiBeast and selected the PCIRootUID fix and it did not work. Keep in mind that, while this guide is old for those on 10.6.8 and beyond, I'm only running 10.6.3. This is what I see in the information under Graphics/Displays:

Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68b8
Revision ID: 0x0000
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

I have it plugged into a TV with an HDMI cable. My main problem is that no software using OpenGL works. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help!

schlaboong12 said:
notshy said:
schlaboong12 said:

Thanks!

Thanks for the idea. I ran MultiBeast and selected the PCIRootUID fix and it did not work. Keep in mind that, while this guide is old for those on 10.6.8 and beyond, I'm only running 10.6.3. This is what I see in the information under Graphics/Displays:

Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68b8
Revision ID: 0x0000
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

I have it plugged into a TV with an HDMI cable. My main problem is that no software using OpenGL works. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help!

10.6.3 doesn't have the ATI kexts - please update to the LATEST version of Snow Leopard. The safest way to do that is to download the combo update from the Apple Support site and install.

notshy said:
10.6.3 doesn't have the ATI kexts - please update to the LATEST version of Snow Leopard. The safest way to do that is to download the combo update from the Apple Support site and install.

I've tried updating to various different version of OSX but run into problems I haven't been able to solve each time. Most recently, I tried updating to 10.6.8 and, once I did, I could not mount any disk images because my device was "not configured." Is there any way to fix my OpenGL issue in 10.6.3 or do you know of any way to solve the 10.6.8 issue I described above? Again, thanks for your help.

Hi! I have an ATI SAPPHIRE 5670 512 MB DDR3 and actually I have got it working on my SL 10.6. I did it with kabyl's boot file and an experimental procedure. The problem is that I have two displays and I can´t use it in mirror mode (Only detect one display) With the method that appears at the begining of this post... would mirror mode work in this graphic card?

has someone tried it?

Thanks in advance.

Just got a MSI 6870 Hawk and it worked on first boot :D with newest Chimera and loaded Duckweed frame buffer automatically.

A couple of people here have these I read. Very quiet at idle! little bit of noise when gaming.

No luck for me. With my Sapphire I had issues with Ableton Live.app, League of Legends.app, Steam/Team Fortress 2, etc. With an old Chameleon (pre Framebuffer injection) and an edited DSDT things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back