Contribute
Register

[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

theman123 said:
Hello all, I'm having some frustrating issues with a 5770 I just purchased. I am upgrading from an Nvidia GT240.

I wouldn't normally post a question because I've always found answers here in the past.

I've been searching everywhere in the forums and it seems that a lot of people have gotten this to work using MultiBeast with Kaybl's Chameleon option and 64bit Graphics Enabler=yes.

For the life of me I can not get the thing to work. I have tried many different configurations of the Graphics Enabler, the older ATI drivers in previous versions of MultiBeast, and basically every other configuration that appeared to be working for people I could find.

I seem to get one of the following-
Hung up bootscreen
Distorted black and white noise with a cursor (this happens with the Kaybl's option usually)
various KPs

If someone could help me that would be amazing. I really need to help help from someone more experienced with this.

Never mind...I was able to boot into a backup install, then used chimera/multibeast with 64bit GraphicsEnabler=yes and ended up copying over the kexts and /Extra to my original drive, works fine now with triple monitors. Now I just need to get the display mirroring turned off.

GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 2.0
Kabyl bootloader 10.6.3 combo update 10.6.8
ATI AMD HD 6770 1GB

MultiBeast 3.8.0
add to boot.plist

GraphicEnabler = No
AtiConfig=Muskgrass -v

add to ati5000controller.kext(0x68ba1002 ) resolution works

Not working: QE/CI

ati6000controller.kext(not working resolution)
shows on Graphics/Display: HD 5000

DVD player, and Geek bench not working!
:!:

Hey guys, I'm on 10.6.8 with a Radeon HD 6850 and I can only get both of monitors working when one has both a dvi and a HDMI cord plugged in and the other just has a dvi. I updated the kext with the new version of multibeast hoping to resolve the issue but it still isnt working correctly...any ideas?

any solutions for sapphire radeon hd 6770

HoosierInFL said:
I have a Gigabyte 6870. When I run the latest version of Multibeast, it does not have the latest drivers listed as an option. It does not list iMac ATI kexts (1.6.34.13). It only lists several 48xx drivers to choose from. Why is this?

I believe that Multibeast 3.8 has Chimera which has some drivers to recognize ATI cards. That being said, to get certain resolutions you may have to monkey with different configs.

I have a similar card to yours and was able to get it to work by plugging into the display port and inserting the AtiConfig=Duckweed into the EFI string of apple.com.boot.plist.

Does anyone know if this would work with the HD6250? I have it in my netbook and I cant find anything.

I dont have chimera either, not sure if that means I can use this

I noticed one problem when I connected my tv yesterday. I couldn't get it to pixelmap correctly, neither in Windows or under OSX but today I changed DVI port on my secondary monitor and tv because bios showed up first on the TV and noticed that everything worked perfectly, or at least that's what I though when I were trying it out in Windows and such but once I rebooted into OS X the secondary montior (an HP w2207 16:10 1680x1050 HDMI montior connected with an HDMI-DVI cable) were black with flashes of picture for a split second a fews times every second, once I changed the resolution to an incorrect one it started working again, I tried a bunch of resolutions and everyone work but 1680x1050 which is the correct one. It works flawlessly under Windows 7.

I'm using an Asus DirectCU HD 6870. I've got GraphicsEnabler off. If I turn it on the display isn't even detected.

Is there any way to get the Mobility 6650 card working? The device ID (0x6741) is listed in ATI6000Controller but it doesn't seem to be detected. I am sure it's 0x6741, double-checked using lspci from a debian live cd.
Using "GraphicsEnabler=no", I don't get more than 1024x768, unless I use "Graphics Mode"="1600x900x32" (my native resolution) - everything without QE/CI. The card isn't detected in System Profiler either.
When using GE=yes, I get a message like "ATI card POSTed, ..." when booting, then the system freezes. I have tried several framebuffers for AtiConfig, all of them with the same result.

I feel quite lonely with this card :(

My card (Asus 5670 1GB) works fine, but the apps crash.

I have installed with Chameleon. Can someone please tell me which kext should I get and where to place them?

Many thanks!

mthurston said:
any solutions for sapphire radeon hd 6770

+1

thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back