Contribute
Register

Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext - New Installer Package Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its seems, that it is working now! I consulted my friend on the phone, not personally, and it was likely, that at some point he did something wrong. Now, he reinstalled everything, and it works!

basil_555 said:
Its seems, that it is working now! I consulted my friend on the phone, not personally, and it was likely, that at some point he did something wrong. Now, he reinstalled everything, and it works!
:headbang:

hello, I just test on my GA-P67A-UD4-B3 who RTL8111E chipset and my network card is still not visible or functional

Franky_63 said:
hello, I just test on my GA-P67A-UD4-B3 who RTL8111E chipset and my network card is still not visible or functional
Indeed. v0.0.67+ still doesn't support the newer 8111E hardware revisions.

Does it work with Asus P8P67 MoBo?

melquiades said:
Does it work with Asus P8P67 MoBo?
I don't have one of these, so can't tell...
You can search.php the forum, or try installing and see if it works for you.
Some boards use a newer RTL8111e which is not yet supported on v0.0.67+

urgently need the kext for RTL 8111 E (on board z68x ud4 b3) on 10.6.8

my mac is like dead now

(why the driver works on 10.6, but not 10.6.8

ws00297440 said:
urgently need the kext for RTL 8111 E (on board z68x ud4 b3) on 10.6.8

my mac is like dead now

(why the driver works on 10.6, but not 10.6.8

ws00297440,
I understand your feeling... and take into consideration that my work on RTL81xx is purely voluntary.
And haven't had the time to finish adding support for the newer 8111E, which v0.0.67+ doesn't support.

In the meantime, you can use Realtek's official kext.
OTOH, I can tell you that a new version of my kext is sooner than ever !

I was trying to tackle the auto-sleep incapability problem on my build. Replaced DSDT with the newly posted one from the database. I did it using MB and, like always, run along with system utility. This is the second time that happens to me - after reincorporate dsdt using MB and system utility, I got KP at boot. So I manage to fix that. However, auto-sleep still doesn't work. I also noticed my internet access became unstable.

I have been having only the official Realtek kext. I remember reading someone got sleep to work by using Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext, so I go ahead to install it using MB 3.7.3 and see if it can rescue both auto-sleep and ethernet.

Also, when I installed the Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext the installer mentioned the original Realtek81xx kext will be moved to somewhere and can be deleted later. I still see the Realtek81xx.kext in S/L/E. Is that already transformed into Lnx2Mac's version? Otherwise, what should I see after a successful install of the Lnx2Mac's kext?

Anyhow, nothing changes after the "installation". I'm not sure if the the two Realtek drivers interfering with each other, which I expect they don't. However, if I want to remove one or both of them to experiment again. What should be the drill? Thanks in advance for your input~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back