Contribute
Register

Live DAW All-In-One i7 2600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonny50979 said:
ericdano said:
Jonny50979 said:
Is there a way to just go straight to Lion without having to install Snow Leopard?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, it's called unibeast. Go check it out. On the front page.

Thank you
But can I run this with my onboard video with no problem or do I need to buy a graphics card?

Onboard is fine, but as always do your research or copy another build.

Onboard is fine, but as always do your research or copy another build.[/quote]

Thanx! Believe me I am immersing myself in this hackis

Thanks guys for the thumbs up!
It works pretty well now except for those artifacts and main graphics engine hangs.
I'm now trying out if it helps to have a little QT movie running in a loop in the background.

With my build I also had issues with artifacts when using the Intel HD Graphics 3000 for video. I added a dedicated video card and have not had any issues since. I made several attempts to make the HD 3000 work correctly but I eventually gave up.

With your build, being tight on space inside the suitcase, I don't know if you have room for a dedicated graphics card or not or if you have a big enough power supply to run one. If you do have room and enough power then that's the easy fix. Or at least is was for me.

Merry Christmas everybody. I'm at my parents place and have been showing off my new computer.
Unfortunately I did something stupid today: I thought because of the graphics freeze problem I should try some more things before giving up on the HD3000.
So I thought it might help to install the latest version of Chimera since I had 1.6 and also selected the definition MacPro 3,1 in Multibeast 4.2, hoping to get some improvements.
Now it won't boot completely anymore, neither from disk nor from my unibeast thumb drive. It won't go past the gray apple logo now.
So I tried to access the SSD by plugging it into my macbook through an external usb enclosure. It was strange beause for some reason it kept unmounting itself and reacted pretty slowly. I checked the volume with disk utility and got the message that some tree was wrong there and I would have to repair the volume.
I didn't proceed because I have a suspicion that it could be related to a power shortage since I had it bus powered on a single port. I'll have to check with a Y cable tomorrow.
It's a bummer that I didn't bring my backup drive.
I'll see what I can do but I would really appreciate some hints to get this to boot normally again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back