Contribute
Register

Live DAW All-In-One i7 2600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a great build my friend! I too plan to build something for HD video editing and have audio recording studio as well! So, I was interested in know what audio interface are you planning on using to capture your live recordings?

Finally I managed to flash my BIOS to F11. It doesn't seem to make a difference.
I can upload the extracted file if anyobody wants it.
I still don't get past that white screen with cursor after the gray apple screen.
I tried if disabling USB3 and serial port would help and also put the RAM in the second slot but nothing changed.

halfpint1210 said:
Sounds like a great build my friend! I too plan to build something for HD video editing and have audio recording studio as well! So, I was interested in know what audio interface are you planning on using to capture your live recordings?

Thanks halfpint, I hope I'll get it running soon.
I plan to use my motu ultralite connected via pcie FW800 card (see signature).

One thing that is weird is that sometimes it doesn't find the USB "system drive" until I unplug and replug it again.
I'm just trying to make a Unibeast installer on another USB stick. Maybe that works better for some reason.
I assume that I don't have to check the laptop support option even though I'm compiling it on my macbook pro, right? Because it won't be installed on a laptop.
Should I also try downgrading the BIOS to F5?
Also maybe I should get an HDMI to DVI adapter and try the HDMI port instead? Or the Display Port?

Make sure you type GraphicsEnabler=No at the Chameleon/iBoot/rBoot boot screen. The HD3000 graphics didn't work for me until I'd installed Lion and run Multibeast.

Also, USB3 didn't work until after Multibeast, so might be worth making sure your USB stick is in a USB2 port.

grimsbymatt said:
Make sure you type GraphicsEnabler=No at the Chameleon/iBoot/rBoot boot screen. The HD3000 graphics didn't work for me until I'd installed Lion and run Multibeast.

Also, USB3 didn't work until after Multibeast, so might be worth making sure your USB stick is in a USB2 port.

Thanks! I actually got through the Lion installation with the other stick now! :headbang:
Now I'll run Multibeast and the DSDT stuff. I'm so releaved!

BTW - You don't need a PC to extract the BIOS update. You can open it with Stuffit Expander, which is free.

User DSDT is the way to go with multibeast. I originally did the EasyBeast install which worked fine but out of curiosity I did a User DSDT install. DSDT boots significantly faster once you get past the BIOS and Chameleon screens.

Double check the boot drive priority and make sure after installing everything you switch back to the hard drive instead of CD/DVD drive.

Thanks a lot for your help, guys!
I had it all running nicely with bluetooth and ethernet working.
The ethernet stopped working after a while, though, so I tried other settings in multibeast.
Didn't seem to help unfortunately. Then I migrated my applications and user settings over from my SL clone drive. After that I lost bluetooth as well...
Tried a couple of different things in multibeast, also did easybeast and somewhere selected 64 bit graphicsenabled=no as I remembered vaguely but then I only had a very silly resolution.

So I decided to go back and do a fresh Lion install unibeast style with no migration.
Ran multibeast again and also used lnx2mac's ethernet option but I don't get that working...
Bluetooth is back now at least. So now I guess I'll have to install everything I want on there with installers, right? Or what else should I try? And what should I do for the ethernet?

I tried the linux2mac driver from the link above but didn't get any improvements. But then I read all the comments on that page and followed instructions posted somewhere near the end:
Unplug power and ethernet cable and then press and hold the power switch for a while in order to empty the condensers, then replug everything and boot again. Finally the lights on the port lit up again and I could configure the ethernet connection in system preferences.
So that seems to be a way to revive a seemingly dead ethernet port.

I am now building it into a suitcase. I'll post some pics and updates soon.
Unfortunately my dad accidentally dropped the fully assembled mobo on a concrete floor from about 1m height :eek: so it got bent slightly and there are some dents as well. But so far it seems to be fully operational :confused: .
I hope it'll be okay. We were both very shocked but relieved when it turned out to be working all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back