Contribute
Register

Live DAW All-In-One i7 2600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that people lose onboard fw connections after sleep. It doesn't seem to matter if it's TI or VIA. So I'm not sure if I should still get that board if I have to use a seperate fw card anyways. Alternatively I could try something like the z68mx-ud2h-b3. The cool thing about that one is it's mATX 24x24cm and also has a dvi, hdmi and display port connection integrated with the possibility to use two screens simultaneously. Any thoughts?

Actually if you check this page you will see that their are quite a few Gigabyte boards that support hdmi

http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/main.aspx?s=42

http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/list.as ... 2&p=2&v=24

As for your power supply, I would be aiming for at least a 750 watt,
Regardless of weather you use it or not.
most of these power supplies wont run any were near their stated output (even the good one's), Expect to lose at least a third of what you need power wise.

as for Graphic cards I take the view that the less you ask the motherboard and processor to do the better! hence my Radeon HD 9750 card!

Rayrosher said:
Actually if you check this page you will see that their are quite a few Gigabyte boards that support hdmi

http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/main.aspx?s=42

http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/list.as ... 2&p=2&v=24

As for your power supply, I would be aiming for at least a 750 watt,
Regardless of weather you use it or not.
most of these power supplies wont run any were near their stated output (even the good one's), Expect to lose at least a third of what you need power wise.

as for Graphic cards I take the view that the less you ask the motherboard and processor to do the better! hence my Radeon HD 9750 card!

Thanks for your advice.
I ended up with the ga-z68xp-ud5 because it was the only UD with onboard graphics and a TI fw chipset. Since I found out that the TI chipset doesn't mean fw will be working after sleep I now have more choices. But I want it to be rather high end and ultra durable, so UD something... DVI would be nicer than hdmi and having the option to run 2 displays would be cool too.
If size and weight didn't matter I would probably take a good graphics card, large power supply, 3.5" HDDs, optical drive and all the bells and whistles. But it is supposed to be a compact portable all-in-one mounted on a stand on stage, so I'm trying to keep it as small and light weight as I can without underpowering it.

I picked up most of the parts today:

i7 2600K
Crucial m4 128GB SSD
Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
bequiet sfx 350W psu (the guy in the shop said it will be enough power for sure, graphics cards are the reason for people getting 750W)
Enermax TB Silence 140mm fan (is supposed to be very quiet)
Belkin mini bluetooth adapter
SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB USB stick
and I ordered a Digitus 2xFW800, 1xFW400 PCIe x1 card at Amazon.

The Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 will arrive tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCF1011.jpg
    DSCF1011.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 148
I have just build my system, everything went exelent! no problems at all, the 2 screens are working with the 5770, the ssd makes it insanely fast, my motu soundcard is working, it seems like a real mac but mutch faster :D

filiphdan said:
I have just build my system, everything went exelent! no problems at all, the 2 screens are working with the 5770, the ssd makes it insanely fast, my motu soundcard is working, it seems like a real mac but mutch faster :D

Congrats! That's very cool.

I'm struggling with my Lion installation.
I have all the parts assembled but somehow my Unibeast doesn't boot completely, it gets stuck at the gray apple screen and then after some time KP...

Could it be because I'm running a VGA screen a.t.m.?

Or should I update the Bios from F9 to F11? (Not sure how)

I only have one bar of RAM connected and the SSD is connected to one of the blue SATA ports.
Any ideas what's wrong here?

I hooked up the other screen to the DVI port and got a tiny little bit further. After the gray apple I got to a blue and then white screen with my mouse working. But that was it then.
Help! Someone point me to the solution please!

The first install rarely goes perfectly so be patient. Sometimes it's just a matter of missing a seemingly unimportant step that throws things off a bit.

Make sure you only have one drive attached when installing.

Here are the directions for upgrading your BIOS. Go to the Gigabyte website to download the latest version supported on the tonymac DSDT page.

Check your BIOS settings. Under power Management you should have HPET enabled and in 64 bit mode.

Make sure all SATA ports are set to AHCI

Good luck...

Thanks cshaw! I just got the F11 Bios and the DSDT and put the F11 on a USB stick formatted to FAT. I was going to Q Flash to F11 but now I can't enter the BIOS anymore. The delete key doesn't do anything :banghead: .
Guess I'm stuck. The only key that seems to do anything during POST is F12.
EDIT: Got into BIOS with delete, I had been trying to use backspace :oops: .
EDIT 2: Turns out I have to extract that F11 .exe first but I'm on a mac.
I'm taking a break, this is too silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back