Contribute
Register

Live DAW All-In-One i7 2600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, that's very helpful! I can hardly wait to get this running. I hope my 350W psu will be sufficient but the guy in the shop said I should be fine. Everybody else with an i7 2600K seems to be getting 750W or more... But I really like the SFX form factor and weight.

cshaw340 said:
just letting you know you're not alone! I'm running the same board as you for my Pro Tools rig and everything is working well.

Let me know if you have any questions..

Graphics card?

Nope, HD3000. I'll see how much can be done with that, hopefully it's enough for my needs.

kryz said:
Nope, HD3000. I'll see how much can be done with that, hopefully it's enough for my needs.

But the board doesn't have built in graphics.....

The GA-Z68XP-UD5, which I believe he is using, does have built in graphics...

Which case are you going with? It's an important consideration if you're doing music. You want the whole thing to be as quiet as possible....

I got a little nervous about the graphics for a second :eek: :)
I plan to build my own case as an all-in-one design, kind of a bulkier iMac with touch screen.
Ihope that will work out well...

Hi,
Well im in the same boat, ive sold my old macpro and ordered the folowing:
i7 2600k
gigabyte z68x-ud3h rev3
corsair force 3 240gb ssd
fractal design r3 case
be quiet straight power e8 550w
16 gb corsair pc3-12800 vengeance cl9 1600mhz
cpu cooler noctua nh-c12p se14
saphire vapor-x 5770

This build is for running logic studio and ableton live, as well as alot of samples and vst/au instruments.
Ill be puting it together this wekend so ill post my results, i realy hope it goes well :geek:

Out of curiosity, where does the performance of a machine like this rank compared to a MacPro? Like benchmark range?

filiphdan said:
Hi,
i7 2600k
gigabyte z68x-ud3h rev3
fractal design r3 case
saphire vapor-x 5770

This build is for running logic studio and ableton live, as well as alot of samples and vst/au instruments.
Ill be puting it together this wekend so ill post my results, i realy hope it goes well :geek:

cshaw340 said:
Don't get completely confident yet... :D
I'm using a graphics card in my build and have yet to try using the built in graphics.....
I'm sure you'll get it too work.

Okay, I'm incompletely semi-confident atm. But I think it should work out all right.

filiphdan said:
Hi,
i7 2600k
gigabyte z68x-ud3h rev3
fractal design r3 case
saphire vapor-x 5770

Cool, keep us updated how it goes. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back