Contribute
Register

List of AMD Radeon Navi cards in Catalina That work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed a XFX - RX 5700 XT RAW II 8GB and running without any issues on Catalina.
Went from RX 570 and had to add agdpmod=pikera and remove Inject ATI when switching over.
When enabling the 530, the monitor goes to sleep briefly just before the login screen.

UPDATE: Latest Clover 5102 seems to have resolved the monitor sleep issue!

Last edited:
so I just built a new Hackintosh using the following thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2034529.

everything seems to work but have a question. I am using the sapphire nitro+ 5700xt and during boot the fans spin. but once in Catalina, the fans stop. I have tried running geek bench/ cinabench (no option for OpenCL on the new one) but can't get the fans to spin up. is there anything im missing or can look at

so I just built a new Hackintosh using the following thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2034529.

everything seems to work but have a question. I am using the sapphire nitro+ 5700xt and during boot the fans spin. but once in Catalina, the fans stop. I have tried running geek bench/ cinabench (no option for OpenCL on the new one) but can't get the fans to spin up. is there anything im missing or can look at

Try Uningine Valley or Heaven those should ramp up the fans. Another intensive bench is Luxmark Ball. The fan spin at startup is the card initializing.

thanks G.... that sure did it. feel a bit better now that I can see they worked

What are the issues?

I tested an Evoke that worked, and now have a MSI RX 5500XT Gaming working fine.

Can I ask what you think of the 5500 XT?

I’m trying to decide if that is worth going for versus just getting a preowned 580 8GB

I’m trying to decide if that is worth going for versus just getting a preowned 580 8GB
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate space for this, but in about 1 week I will hopefully replace my 590 8GB with a 5700 so I will have a 590 8GB gently used for sale.

My 590 8GB is currently running Mojave and hopefully shortly Catalina - so you know going in that it should work.

Hi, sorry for the late response. The 5500xt is ok I'm going to return it shorty and wait for the 5600xt to arrive in a few weeks. The 5500xt is roughly the same as the 580 but uses slightly less power. It is limited to Catalina only so there's no going back. Currently like most Navi cards I only have 2 outputs working 1 DisplayPort at a time and the HDMI. Hopefully WEG will have an update to correct this soon. My openGL scores are better than the 580 but openCl is mixed, some lower some higher or equal. It's a quiet card and it doesn't freeze up or have any issues for me.
RX 580 if a lot cheaper, and if you can afford the slightly higher energy cost, is probably better because you can use it in Sierra to Catalina, and software is mature now. I'm impressed with it for being only a 20 CU card that matches performance of the 36 CUs of the 580. I can't believe how cheap the price is on the Polaris cards right now, I bought the RX 480 reference a few years ago for $250 and the multi fan 590s are going for less now. Polaris cards are a steal right now soon is the time to buy if interested.

If you can wait for the 5600XT it is supposed to have 36 CUs like the 5700 but lower TDP and frequency so it should be right around the Vega 56 performance level but at a price lower than the 5700 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back