Contribute
Register

List of AMD Radeon Navi cards in Catalina That work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your answer, could you tell me how to enter the boot argument at clover boot screen if it doesn‘t boot?
Thanks again

Use the cursor arrows and go to Options tab. The first option should be boot arg. Cursor to it then hit the enter button. Add the arg. Then hit enter again scroll to the bottom return and hit enter. You should be back at the clover screen, hit enter again.

Powercolor Radeon 5700XT Dual Fan design works. Although first i received a faulty card that blacked out instantly whenever i would run gpu intensive tasks (Geekbench, Heaven or video renders), the replacement is working flawlessly.

This is the card model AXRX 5700 XT 8GBD6-3DH

But the first card gave me some headaches because i thought at first that was a configuration problem, after two days of not getting anywhere i installed Windows and the symptoms where the same.

Last edited:
@Schmeknicolor

How is the fan noise (and temps) on that model under load?

I like the minimal look and true dual slot nature of it for sure.

@Schmeknicolor

How is the fan noise (and temps) on that model under load?

I like the minimal look and true dual slot nature of it for sure.

I've installed it about 6 hours ago and i'm finishing a work that isn't requiring much GPU, but as soon as i finish i'll test that, but for now it seems quiet.

Wow... honestly and sincerely, thank you for trying it out! I really do appreciate that!
Did manage to get all 4 up and running. The 5700 XT seems quite picky about cables. DP 1.4 cables did the trick. One of the monitors still needed to be set at DP 1.1. I encountered some flickering after sleep with cheap DP -> Mini DP cables.

Did manage to get all 4 up and running. The 5700 XT seems quite picky about cables. DP 1.4 cables did the trick. One of the monitors still needed to be set at DP 1.1. I encountered some flickering after sleep with cheap DP -> Mini DP cables.

This is fantastic info! Thanks so much for trying it out!

XFX RX 5700 XT RAW II works with agpdmod=pikera.
However, 1440p gets display artifacts with red lines going across the screen. I'm unsure if it's the XFX card or Catalina since the same issue happened with iGPU display out.
Hey @idumzaes I’m getting this exact card (Unless someone can explain how this is different than the XFX 5700 XT THIC II card and why i should buy that instead?) - could you post your EFI settings and/or point out any steps you took to get things working? Has anything inproved since your last post in November? Thanks in advance!

@Gigamaxx There is several people having issues with the MSI model. I´d put that one one hold until clarification.

@Gigamaxx There is several people having issues with the MSI model. I´d put that one one hold until clarification.

What are the issues?

I tested an Evoke that worked, and now have a MSI RX 5500XT Gaming working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back