GA-Z77-UD5H
CPU
i5-350k
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello everyone!

Im new to this community, but not the osx86 scene, I successfully ran osx86 10.4 on my P4 around 5 years ago with the newly released "Dead Moo" image.

I've done extensive googling and have assembled most of the hardware for my new build.

Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD5H Bios has been updated to current revision14
intel i5-350k
32gb G.Skill Ripjaws Z RAM
Graphics Card - Currently onboard, i will be purchasing a card once i decide on one. Any suggestions would be appreciated :D
10.7.4 Desired operating system (dedicated hard drive)
I want Lion instead of Mountain Lion as im waiting to upgrade my macbook until more developers update their software. I want the hackintosh and Macbook to play nice, so i figure ill upgrade them both to ML sometime in the far future.

I've been tinkering with loading the os the past few days but I've run into some issues and could really use some intelligent input.

I started by installing the Lion application installer onto a 8gb flash drive via Unibeast

Regardless of any bios settings i played with it would kernel panic within seconds of booting.​
Installing bridgehelper allows me to successfully boot into the Lion installer (does so much more quickly with -x safe mode flag)
However the installer does not recognize my sata drives or controllers​
So I installed to a USB hard drive instead as it was recognized.
After installing chimera to the USB hard drive Lion installation, it boots past the Apple logo then stalls at a blank white screen with an active mouse pointer.​

Bootflags I've tried at various times and combinations: -v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=yes UserKernelCache=No

So now I'm stuck. Does anyone have any ideas of what i should try next?

Any positive input is greatly appreciated =]

Hello everyone!

Im new to this community, but not the osx86 scene, I successfully ran osx86 10.4 on my P4 around 5 years ago with the newly released "Dead Moo" image.

I've done extensive googling and have assembled most of the hardware for my new build.

Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD5H Bios has been updated to current revision14
intel i5-350k
32gb G.Skill Ripjaws Z RAM
Graphics Card - Currently onboard, i will be purchasing a card once i decide on one. Any suggestions would be appreciated :D
10.7.4 Desired operating system (dedicated hard drive)
I want Lion instead of Mountain Lion as im waiting to upgrade my macbook until more developers update their software. I want the hackintosh and Macbook to play nice, so i figure ill upgrade them both to ML sometime in the far future.

I've been tinkering with loading the os the past few days but I've run into some issues and could really use some intelligent input.

I started by installing the Lion application installer onto a 8gb flash drive via Unibeast

Regardless of any bios settings i played with it would kernel panic within seconds of booting.​
Installing bridgehelper allows me to successfully boot into the Lion installer (does so much more quickly with -x safe mode flag)
However the installer does not recognize my sata drives or controllers​
So I installed to a USB hard drive instead as it was recognized.
After installing chimera to the USB hard drive Lion installation, it boots past the Apple logo then stalls at a blank white screen with an active mouse pointer.​

Bootflags I've tried at various times and combinations: -v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=yes UserKernelCache=No

So now I'm stuck. Does anyone have any ideas of what i should try next?

Any positive input is greatly appreciated =]

I don't have the GA-Z77 but I am thinking about getting one to replace my p67a. I would start off by making sure you have the bios settings correct. You can search this board for that info, as I said I dont have your board. But there are certain things that are universal.
1. Use must have AHCI mode chosen for your primary drives not ide mode.
2. You should have the stop enable bit enabled
3. There is something called EIST in the advanced cpu settings that should be enabled. not auto
4. Powermangement type should be S3 not S1. HPET should be enabled 64 bit if you have the option to choose between it and 32 bit.
5. Since you are using on board video, you need to set your init setting in integrated periphials setting to on board graphics
And lastly try the bootflags -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 altogether

And can tell you from experience if you want the latest hardware to work correctly, when I say latest, I mean anything produced in the last 15 months to 2 years, you will have to run Mountain Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back