Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3a: Kext Edits - AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i have really weird problem with HDMI Audio and Sleep on Asus EAH 5770
i used HexEdit on Ati5000Controller to make audio work with AtiConfig=Hoolock but then problem starts

with this:
00 08 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 71 00 00 22 05 05 05

Sleep works and HDMI monitor backs to life after wakeup, but audio not working trough HDMI

but when i change this:
00 08 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 71 00 00 22 00 05 05

My hdmi audio works, but monitor doesn't wakeup after sleep its just stays black and i need to restart manually
if anybody have idea what i need to do please help i'm stuck.

HI, I wanted to let you know that I got HDMI audio to work.
I went back and followed your guide to edit my dsdt file - http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...o-part-2a-dsdt-edits-discrete-amd-nvidia.html.

I was able to get a working dsdt compiled.
After trial and error, I used the framebuffer Lotus in the dsdt and was able to get both on board and HDMI audio working.
Duckweed caused a black screen as well as the other framebuffers. Bulrushes worked but no HDMI audio.

Interestingly using Lotus , when I enter the command ioreg | grep ATY in Terminal it looks like the the default framebuffer is still loading(also in the IOReg file).
If I use Bulrushes in the dsdt file, this framebuffer appears with the above command and in IOReg.

I have included a copy of my dsdt file for anyone else who has the same board and my IOReg.
Thanks again for your help and guide.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 6.37.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 6.37.26 PM.png
    85 KB · Views: 171
  • dsdt.aml
    6.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IOReg 2.zip
    589.5 KB · Views: 80
Interestingly using Lotus , when I enter the command ioreg | grep ATY in Terminal it looks like the the default framebuffer is still loading(also in the IOReg file).
Lotus is not loading. You got HDMI audio with the default framebuffer. All you need is GE=No.

So you are not surprised, DVDPlayer will crash as will Plex or XMBC when you try 5.1 audio.

Hi, I tried GE=No and I again was not able to load the Lotus framebuffer.

However, if I change to Bulrushes as I indicated in my last post - this framebuffer loads. This is with GE=Yes
See IOReg file - any idea why?

Why will DVDPlayer crash?
Thanks

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    563.7 KB · Views: 100
You're right. It did crash.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 8.42.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 8.42.12 PM.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 162
You're right. It did crash.
I've explained this many times. For your graphics card with GE=Y, Chimera loads Bulrushes and the card works. Bulrushes does not have an HDMI connector (even though HDMI video works) meaning no HDMI audio. GE=N loads the default framebuffer and you have HDMI audio and compromised graphics. I don't know why Lotus doesn't load when you specify it. You still need to find a framebuffer that gets to the Desktop with an HDMI connector.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but If someone can look at my ioreg and point me in the right direction It would be appreciated

Attachments

• Myioreg.zip
    699.4 KB · Views: 93
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but If someone can look at my ioreg and point me in the right direction It would be appreciated
Your system is ML, this is a Lion thread. On board doesn't work. No HDMI audio dsdt edits. What are you trying to do?

I am trying to get Audio on the 4670 graphics card as I am using a 40" TV as a monitor and want to use the tv speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back