Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3a: Kext Edits - AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to get Audio on the 4670 graphics card as I am using a 40" TV as a monitor and want to use the tv speakers
See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT. The HDMI audio dsdt edits are the same for ML and Lion. Get onboard audio working with the edited dsdt. If required, search for the 4670 edits framebuffer edits.

Maybe you can point me in the right direction toleda I am try to get HDMI edits for a AMD 6xxx series graphics card with a GA-Z68XP-UD3. I have upgraded to the newest ML. Where I'm stuck is do I need a DSDT for this to work? I dont have one because I have the UEFI BIOS. So do I need to have the DSDT anyway? I know how to do the edits back with 10.7 and a DSDT, but I upgraded a while back and want to get HDMI audio working again. Is this possible?

Thread semms not to be active, but here's my problem: (couldn't write PM, so I'm writing here) @Dice719 I need the DSDT if you still have it... @all if you seem to have a DSDT file for Gateway TBGM01 I would thankfully take it :) couldn't upgrade from SL to ML or even Lion had a bunch of problems back then...

Hey I'm really sorry and probably sound really stupid but I'm stuck I don't know what to do to get audio working I have no clue what to do or where to start I need some direct help plz I have a DH67CL MOBO I5 CPU AMD RADEON HD 6850 GRAPHICS I WANT TO GET AUDIO THROUGH HDMI PLZ HELP

Sorry for this i no it probably a stupid question but i have been reading this for a few hours now and i cant get my head around it.

Im trying to get HDMI audio through my graphics card (not bothered about onboard as on HD2500)

i am geting lost on the "AppleHDAController Binary Edit" section as i have no "HDAU" in search on IOREG?

the "AppleHDA.kext" file i have in S/L/E not sure where to find the "AppleHDAController.kext"

my graphics card is fully working apart from sound and appears in "About this mac" as:

AMD Radeon HD 6570 2048 Mb

Also i skipped the first "Additional DSDT edits" (sec 1.a.)
as my card is set to GE=Yes

Here a copy of my chameleon boot list:<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key> <string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Muskgrass</string>
key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string></dict>

Can some one just point me in right direction please. I'm reading so much feel like im going in circles thanks for your time

Im trying to get HDMI audio through my graphics card (not bothered about onboard as on HD2500)
Way off track; don't bother with binary edits until the dsdt is correct. If you don't see HDAU, the edits are not correct. org.chameleon.Boot.plist is not mentioned in any HDMI audio thread. The IOReg and dsdt are the most important files describing your system.

Thanks for the quick reply back. Ok so far my hole system has been dsdt free this is the first time they have came up. Basically where do I start. Is there a page I should look at before.
This might sound stupid but where do I start basically.

il be honest I stated this project 3 days ago so I have really limed knowledge. I have got it to boot with no probs and was looking into frame buffers to get my graphics card to be fully utilized. Then today I was looking into hdmi audio as my system is a htpc and kind of important lol.

Any knowledge is appreciated
Thanks again

ps probably should have said I am running mountain lion. But a blog stated it was the same technique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back