Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio -Part 2b: DSDT Edits/Integrated Intel HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benlou said:
Thanks for your patience :thumbup:
Edit the layout-id in your dsdt. Delete S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext. Install AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast. Plug in your HDMI device and reboot. Reply with an updated IOReg.

toleda said:
The issue is not the 185 layout-id. the issue is the onboard-1 in IGPU. The dsdt attached is correct but IOReg shows the correct layout-id and the wrong hda-gfx in IGPU.

Hi Toleda - I had lost heart to keep trying on this for a while. I'm ready to give things another go.

I had written about layout-id because I thought both it _and_ hda-gfx were coming from the DSDT. I figured if they had one common source, and the layout-id was correct - then something unexplained was amiss with hda-gfx.

At risk of going off-topic, I think I found something while trying to do a fresh install that may reveal what that could be.

To keep this short, I can't boot to a fresh Unibeast Lion install done on a blank drive. I had kept notes from my initial turmoil, and used those to try to anticipate why. After install, I booted to a working Lion partition. I used kext wizard to put in the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts and FakeSMC kext and created an Extra folder with the DSDT and basic extensions contained therein, then used kext wizard's tools to do the maintenance on the fresh Lion install drive now that what I thought would be necessary to boot was added in. It still won't boot from Unibeast, rboot, or on its own.

Here's what I noticed during a verbose boot (-v):
Code:
Jan 17 17:28:58 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion ""ERROR: EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property!\n"" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 331 goto ExitError

Now, this was done with what I believe to be the original unedited DSDT from the tonymacx86 downloads for my motherboard/bios version. I don't know if EFI ROM not publishing the hda-gfx property has anything to do with the misreported hda-gfx we were seeing in IGPU, or how to fix this regardless.

I am suspicious of my working installs because of what we saw happening, that's why I was trying to start fresh. But I can't get one to boot at all. If you agree a fresh install is a smart move, I'll keep working at it - but I don't know how to proceed just now and can open a topic elsewhere if more appropriate to get that going as a baseline to again try HDMI Audio enabling. Thank you very much.

toleda said:
Benlou said:
Thanks for your patience :thumbup:
Edit the layout-id in your dsdt. Delete S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext. Install AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast. Plug in your HDMI device and reboot. Reply with an updated IOReg.

I see the codecs now thanks for that!
I'll keep going with onto next part?

Attachments

• MayHack.zip
    404.5 KB · Views: 76
All good Toleda !

Thanks for your time.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

verymodern said:
Here's what I noticed during a verbose boot (-v):
Code:
Jan 17 17:28:58 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion ""ERROR: EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property!\n"" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 331 goto ExitError

Now, this was done with what I believe to be the original unedited DSDT from the tonymacx86 downloads for my motherboard/bios version. I don't know if EFI ROM not publishing the hda-gfx property has anything to do with the misreported hda-gfx we were seeing in IGPU, or how to fix this regardless.

I am suspicious of my working installs because of what we saw happening, that's why I was trying to start fresh. But I can't get one to boot at all. If you agree a fresh install is a smart move, I'll keep working at it - but I don't know how to proceed just now and can open a topic elsewhere if more appropriate to get that going as a baseline to again try HDMI Audio enabling. Thank you very much.
The sound assertion by itself is not a problem and does not effect the success of the boot. However, the message says you have the AppleHDA rollback installed. That kext is from 10.6.2 and has no knowledge of HD3000.

Try a clean install and select UserDSDT Install. That should give a bootable Lion install. Please do not select any other MultiBeast options until you have that bootable install. Reply with your progress.

toleda said:
Try a clean install and select UserDSDT Install. That should give a bootable Lion install. Please do not select any other MultiBeast options until you have that bootable install. Reply with your progress.

I'm going to start fresh again - but this has been the pattern:
Unibeast Lion install after using Disk Utility to erase the 1 GUID Partition on my SSD
Boot from USB - select newly installed Lion - cannot boot to get as far as MultiBeast for UserDSDT or anything else.

I will report back shortly with what happens, although without intervention, I suspect it will be the above!

toleda said:
The sound assertion by itself is not a problem and does not effect the success of the boot. However, the message says you have the AppleHDA rollback installed. That kext is from 10.6.2 and has no knowledge of HD3000.

Okay - fresh Unibeast install of 10.7.2. I can't boot.

The log that I included where you noticed AppleHDA rollback was from a different drive than my last attempt at a fresh install - which did say the same thing about the sound assertion and the EFI ROM and hda-gfx. I didn't realize it at the time I posted it that I wasn't giving you the log from my that previous attempt's Lion fresh install - the message looked like what I remembered, but I highly doubt the AppleHDA rollback would have been on that because I hadn't even touched MultiBeast, not having been able to boot yet to that drive before I wiped it and started anew.

I now see how to access the Console log's from another drive's (not the boot drive) Users\<username>\Library\Logs - but on my fresh Lion install there is no content in Users. I tried to boot verbose, but I don't know where that log can be accessed to share with you information about what's going wrong. When I boot with -v flag, I see several screens about extensions loading... and then the screen goes black - and the system reboots. I can't see where it's stopping.

Thanks for your patience.

toleda said:
Did you install Chimera? At the boot prompt, GraphicsEnabler=No -v

I hadn't installed Chimera as I was attempting to boot from the UniBeast USB. I had to use GraphicsEnabler=No to get to the Lion installer, I don't know why I wouldn't have tried it this go-around with the fresh install. That was the key! Thanks.

Did just the UserDSDT install, but still couldn't boot w/o GraphicsEnabler=No, so on the next go-around, I used MultiBeast for USB3.0 enabling, network enabling (Lnx2Mac's), MacMini5,1 system def, Miscellaneous/FakeSMCPlugins/Motherboard, and for running System Utilities tasks. Was able to boot normally with full graphical capabilities, HD3000 video recognised, display/resolution recognised. [just noticed a couple of horizontal line artifacts when looking at IOReg]

I didn't have developer tools installed, so ran from another partition. Things didn't look good in the IOReg still. Have just installed developer tools on this partition, and am attaching the IOReg and DSDT. Unfortunately, IGPU is still showing onboard-1 even with this fresh install. I have done nothing in MultiBeast or elsewhere to enable audio and have none at this point - and no kext as in the further instructions either. Just the basic working bootable install at this point. And as always, my monitor/tv is attached via HDMI cable to the motherboard's output.
VeryModernFresh.zipDSDT.aml

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    17.5 KB · Views: 115
  • VeryModernFresh.zip
    305.7 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back