Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio -Part 2b: DSDT Edits/Integrated Intel HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've edited the DSDT as you've suggested and there appears to be no difference. After I plug in the HDMI cable LG TV shows up in the sound output preferences and once I select it the sound works over there with no issues.

One thing I don't think I mentioned before is I can't start up the computer with the HDMI cable plugged in. It messes with Chameleon and I only get the text boot selection screen and then even with -v I get a blank screen and the computer freezes. But it always did that on Lion as well. I use my DVI monitor as my primary screen and just plug in the TV as needed.

New DSDT and ioreg attached.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Mewtwo_ML_post_edits.ioreg.zip
    440.4 KB · Views: 79
I've edited the DSDT as you've suggested and there appears to be no difference. After I plug in the HDMI cable LG TV shows up in the sound output preferences and once I select it the sound works over there with no issues.

One thing I don't think I mentioned before is I can't start up the computer with the HDMI cable plugged in.
See Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3c: Kext Edits - Intel HD3000 Revised See a. *Additional DSDT edits. Add 2. Device_ID and 4. Platform_ID, MacMini5,1.

The new IGPU looks like:
Code:
         Device (IGPU)                    /**  for Intel IHD3000 HDMI audio  **/
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)         /**  Always  00020000)  **/
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x06)
                        {
                           "device-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"AAPL,snb-platform-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00
                            }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                            Buffer (0x0A)
                            {
                                "onboard-1"
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }

One thing I don't think I mentioned before is I can't start up the computer with the HDMI cable plugged in. It messes with Chameleon and I only get the text boot selection screen and then even with -v I get a blank screen and the computer freezes. But it always did that on Lion as well. I use my DVI monitor as my primary screen and just plug in the TV as needed.

had the same very problem with blank screen and a freezing machine either with Chameleon and Chimera then i noticed i had a USB device (USB mobile broadband dongle with a micro SD) plugged in then removed. Rebooted and Chameleon loaded up again ..

marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back