Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio -Part 2b: DSDT Edits/Integrated Intel HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
verymodern said:
After restarting, here is my IOReg. IGPU is still showing with onboard-1 :( . Now, I didn't change anything in the DSDT related to IGPU, which is what did/does show in IOReg (but not in dsdt) as onboard-1. I just edited the HDEF section as advised.

Oh, and as for having an HDMI device plugged in, I only have the one monitor/tv handy, and it's been connected via HDMI to my motherboard's only HDMI output since I FIRST began my build (I initially tried the VGA connection but got odd output even with the BIOS screen. I only plug in the VGA briefly at times after progressing with my build to see if it is/isn't functional. I can't use the DVI as I don't have a monitor to accept it and my DVI-HDMI adapter has extra pins that the motherboard's port doesn't). Thanks for sticking with me on this!
The dsdt you attached is not the dsdt that is was running when you ran IOReg. Something is wrong with your installation method. You know you fixed it when both instance of hda-gfx show onboard-2.

Hi Toleda -

There is only ONE DSDT.aml file on any of the drives of my computer that has the HDEF layout-id of 85 01 00 00

Prior, it was 0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00.

I took a look at the IOReg that I'd attached in my last post and it does show the layout-id as 0x85, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00

If it didn't get that information from that one and only DSDT.aml (I checked the one I attached to be sure it was that same one - it is) file with such values, would you have any hints as to where else I might look? I have searched all files (after using the Show All Files utility) for 0x85, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 and that's all I find - the one DSDT.

I looked for the old values, to be sure my search wasn't flawed, and found the DSDTs that have the 0x79... ones. Both results turn up some C Header source files (OBEX,h, IOFireWireLib.h, xbytes.h) but these date back to months before I began this build.

Thanks again.

verymodern said:
Hi Toleda -
There is only ONE DSDT.aml file on any of the drives of my computer that has the HDEF layout-id of 85 01 00 00

Thanks again.
The issue is not the 185 layout-id. the issue is the onboard-1 in IGPU. The dsdt attached is correct but IOReg shows the correct layout-id and the wrong hda-gfx in IGPU.

Hi Guys,
Everything went well with the DSDT edits. Compil and install no errors.

But when i verify AppleHDAController/codec list there is nothing?

Is it because i've installed AppleHDA Rollbak and ALC*xxHDA with Multibeast?
I am a bit confused :crazy:

I plan to try again tomorrow with a clean install.
Do you have any suggestions?

I didn't want to continue because I can't see the codec list in IOReg.
Should I still continue with part 3?
Thanks

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    17 KB · Views: 138
  • IOReg.png
    IOReg.png
    159 KB · Views: 193
Thanks for your patience :thumbup:

Attachments

• IOREG.zip