Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio -Part 2b: DSDT Edits/Integrated Intel HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Thanks a lot for this amazing work. What about Mountain Lion and ALC 898 ? Can we apply this guide (at least for a start). Lion and Mountain Lion edits seems compliant ?

In fact, i'd like to enable my HD3000 (graphic+HDMI) along with the GTX 580 on 10.8

Best Regards,

Nick

EDIT : at the moment, i don't use a DSDT, but i have an entry in IOREG for an Integrated Graphics controller (0X0122) ; what does it means ? And only one kext related to the HD3000 : AppleIntelFramebufferCapri ?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Mountain Lion and ALC 898 ? Can we apply this guide (at least for a start). Lion and Mountain Lion edits seems compliant ?

In fact, i'd like to enable my HD3000 (graphic+HDMI) along with the GTX 580 on 10.8

EDIT : at the moment, i don't use a DSDT, but i have an entry in IOREG for an Integrated Graphics controller (0X0122) ; what does it means ? And only one kext related to the HD3000 : AppleIntelFramebufferCapri ?
The HDMI audio edits are the same for Lion and ML. 0x0122 is the device_id for HD3000 on your 2600K. For 898 audio use Multibeast/Patched AppleHDA/ALC 898. Confirm 898 on board audio is working before starting the HDMI audio dsdt edits. For HD3000, the kext is AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext; AppleIntelFramebufferCapri is for HD4000. Do the Intel HD3000 HDMI audio edits first and verify working. Then apply the Nvidia HDMI audio dsdt edits and kext edits for the 570.

Hi Toleda,
I've been able to enable HDMI following your guide on my machine (GA Z68MX-UD2H-B3) running 10.7.2
Now that i updated my BIOS to UEFI I took the opportunity to reinstalled everything from scratch and jump to 10.8
Everything works fine after Multibeast 5.0.2 without DSDT but obviously I've lost HDMI audio support.
Now I try to follow the guide using an extracted DSDT from DSDTse but i get stucked as i can't find any "Store (Package (0x04)" to replace..

of course your precious help will be welcome ;)
i post a clean dsdt

thanks again,
Max

Attachments

• clean-dsdt.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 97
Now I try to follow the guide using an extracted DSDT from DSDTse but i get stucked as i can't find any "Store (Package (0x04)" to replace..
The guide assumed an edited HDEF (from the data base). Use the Intel HD3000_GE=Y_DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete (HD3000) and copy only the Method (_DSM... section). The code copied looks like:
Code:
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x06)
                        {
                            "hda-gfx", 
                            Buffer (0x0A)
                            {
                                "onboard-2"
                            }, 

"layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }

Edit the layout-id as follows:
For Lion, MultiBeast/ALC889 AppleHDA_v2.2.0, use layout-id: 0x85, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
For ML, Download ML_AppleHDA_889-Alpha AppleHDA_v2.3.0, use layout-id: 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
from ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

The guide assumed an edited HDEF (from the data base). Use the Intel HD3000_GE=Y_DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete (HD3000) and copy only the Method (_DSM... section). The code copied looks like:

Hi Toleda, thanks for the quick help.
I've been testing following your directions and the Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha guide for the last 4 days but with no success..
I don't know what i'm doing wrong but the system won't recognize HDMI audio port (Everything's fine with the 889 audio)
This is what i've done:

-Downloaded and run DSDT Editor (I first tried with DSDTSE patching manually with copy and paste from DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v3)
-Extracted DSDT via "File-->Extract DSDT" (as i'm running on UEFI BIOS machine with no dsdt)
-Patched with hdef_audio_id_3.txt as I'm running HD3000 (this adds HDEF to dsdt and specify the right id)
-Compiled
-Saved the dsdt.aml to extra folder
-Deleted AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler889.kext from S/L/E
-Installed alpha AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext via KextBeast

when i reboot under system preferences/sound I have several options but no HDMI
I attach my current dsdt if you have time to check i'll get you a beer someday ;)

saludos
MAx

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 111
Hi Toleda, thanks for the quick help.
I've been testing following your directions and the Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha guide for the last 4 days but with no success..
I don't know what i'm doing wrong but the system won't recognize HDMI audio port (Everything's fine with the 889 audio)

when i reboot under system preferences/sound I have several options but no HDMI
The only edits you installed were for onboard audio (layout3.txt). There are no HDMI audio edits is the dsdt attached.

The HDMI audio edits that have to be made are (use DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v3)
Intel HD3000_GE=Y_DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Delta (HD3000)
Note in your dsdt, IGPU is GFX0. (optionally, you can rename all GFX0 to IGPU in either dsdt editor)

You can verify the edits by comparing your dsdt to:
Intel HD3000_GE=Y_DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete (HD3000)

If you use a dsdt, remove the enabler (one or the other, not both), fix permissions and cache.

The only edits you installed were for onboard audio (layout3.txt). There are no HDMI audio edits is the dsdt attached.

Ok i got it!
I made the appropriate edits:

-added the IGPU portion
-changed GFX0 to IGPU
-removed the enabler from S/L/E

Now i have HDMI recognized by the system,
when in sound preferences I have the option but i cannot select it! i mean, as soon as i select it, it deselects.
The only way i can hear sound from HDMI device is selecting it from an application like Adobe Premiere (settings--audio hardware)
so it will play whatever i play in premiere but not from the system..

thank you anyway, don't know the reason of this behavior as it's a very clean install of ML
as always, any help is appreciated ;)

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 84
Now i have HDMI recognized by the system,
when in sound preferences I have the option but i cannot select it! i mean, as soon as i select it, it deselects.
The only way i can hear sound from HDMI device is selecting it from an application like Adobe Premiere (settings--audio hardware)
A new "feature" in ML AppleHDA.kext; if you have a headphone plugged in, the headphone takes priority. Unplug the headphone to select a different audio device.

f. Verify AppleHDAController/Codec List has two codecs.
1. 0: ec10 0889 (Realtek ALC889) - on board audio device_id (example).
2. 1: 8086 2805 (Intel 2805) - hdmi audio device_id.

I have both of these listed, but instead of one being 0 and one being 1, they are both 0. Like this:
0: ec10 0892
0: 8086 2805

If it's relevant, when editing the DSDT I had 0x08 instead of 0x04, and the only way to stop it erroring out when compiling was to use 0x0A instead of 0x06.

I'm using an Asus P8H67-M EVO B3 with 3xxx series BIOS and an i7 2600K. I'm running 10.7.4.
I've attached my ioreg file. (Mewtwo is the name of this machine).

Attachments

• Mewtwo.ioreg.zip
    551.7 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back