Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I´m new on the Hackintosh world and I need your help!
Sorry about my english but I´m with the google translator.

I have an Asus X83VB-X2 (Best Buy) and after a week of trial and error I installed 10.7.2 Lion.

But still having problems with the audio and HDMI.
Video Card nVidia GeForce 9300M GS 512MB with HDMI output.

The speakers are working but the S / PDIF and HDMI (audio and video) NO

I use the Chameleon 2.0.0 2.7.2 RC5 and VoodooHDA.
In Sounds-> Output apears Speaker (ATAPI), SPDIF-out (ATAPI) and Digital-out (HDMI) but only works the Speaker option.

Please, I´m waiting your help.

Thanks from Argentina
Nicolás

mardeiba said:
Hi, I´m new on the Hackintosh world and I need your help!
Sorry about my english but I´m with the google translator.

I have an Asus X83VB-X2 (Best Buy) and after a week of trial and error I installed 10.7.2 Lion.

But still having problems with the audio and HDMI.
Video Card nVidia GeForce 9300M GS 512MB with HDMI output.

The speakers are working but the S / PDIF and HDMI (audio and video) NO

I use the Chameleon 2.0.0 2.7.2 RC5 and VoodooHDA.
In Sounds-> Output apears Speaker (ATAPI), SPDIF-out (ATAPI) and Digital-out (HDMI) but only works the Speaker option.

Please, I´m waiting your help.

Thanks from Argentina
Nicolás
I don't have any knowledge of or experience with Voodoo.

Hi Toleda, if for example my powerful build which uses the easybeast method to install. There is no DSDT required and everything works perfect, this is an Asus P8P67 Pro which has no DSDT available.

Is it still possible to gain HDMI audio for users who do NOT use a DSDT.aml ?

Cheers man :thumbup:

KidCastro said:
Hi Toleda, if for example my powerful build which uses the easybeast method to install. There is no DSDT required and everything works perfect, this is an Asus P8P67 Pro which has no DSDT available.

Should be possible with VoodoHDA instead of AppleHDA installed

karacho said:
KidCastro said:

Should be possible with VoodoHDA instead of AppleHDA installed

Any links for steps required, Ive never used Voodoo and heard it wasnt as good.

Wouldnt mind testing it :thumbup:

KidCastro said:

Without an edited dsdt, Voodoo is the only choice. However, your system will run exactly the same if you extract your dsdt and install it in Extra. Making the audio edits will not effect the performance of your system in any way. The result is much better audio. On my P8H67-I-Deluxe; full 892 on board audio, HD3000 HDMI audio, Nvidia HDMI audio and AMD HDMI audio are all working with a dsdt that is not in the database.

toleda said:
KidCastro said:

Without an edited dsdt, Voodoo is the only choice. However, your system will run exactly the same if you extract your dsdt and install it in Extra. Making the audio edits will not effect the performance of your system in any way. The result is much better audio. On my P8H67-I-Deluxe; full 892 on board audio, HD3000 HDMI audio, Nvidia HDMI audio and AMD HDMI audio are all working with a dsdt that is not in the database.

Hey Toleda I think I would rather do it your way, just wondering on extraction of DSDT? never ventured down that road before and wouldnt mind doing it that way.

Any resource of how this is achieved? :thumbup:

As far as I know, there are no DSDT's vailable for Asus P8P67 Pro.

KidCastro said:
Hey Toleda I think I would rather do it your way, just wondering on extraction of DSDT? never ventured down that road before and wouldnt mind doing it that way.

Any resource of how this is achieved? :thumbup:

As far as I know, there are no DSDT's vailable for Asus P8P67 Pro.

If you're willing, lets give it a go. This results in full on board 892 audio and AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio and/or HD3000 HDMI audio on your P8H67 Pro system.

There are four parts:
Part I - Extract DSDT, Compile DSDT, Install Extra/DSDT and Edit DSDT
Part II - Add DTGP and HDEF, Install AppleHDA.kext, Verify on board audio
Part III - Add GFX0 and HDAU for AMD/Nvidia graphics HDMI audio
Part IV - Edit IGPU and HDEF for HD3000 HDMI audio

Part I - Extract DSDT, Compile DSDT, Install Extra/DSDT and Edit DSDT

1. Download DSDTSE v1.4.3 - http://www.osx86.es/?p=610
2. Run DSDTSE/Extract DSDT
3. DSDTSE/File/Save .dsl to Desktop.
4. Backup dsdt.dsl
5. DSDTSE/Complie DSDT/ - if errors, make a screenshot of errors, reply with screenshot attached
6. DSDTSE/Install DSDT/Extra
7. Reboot and verify same capabilities and performance

If satisfied there are no problems with a UserDSDT, proceed

8. DSDTSE/Open .aml/Extra/dsdt.aml
9. DSDTSE/Extra/dsdt.aml/Search: GFX0 Replace: IGPU
10. DSDTSE/Extra/dsdt.aml/Search; P0P1 Replace: PEPG
11. DSDTSE/Complie DSDT/ - if errors, make a screenshot of errors, reply with screenshot attached
12. DSDTSE/Install DSDT/Extra
14. Reboot any verify same capabilities and performance
15. Verify changes with IOReg/Search IGPU and Search PEGP

Extra Credit
16. Download edited dsdt, Example 2: AS-P8H67I-Deluxe-F2/i7-2600K10.7.2 from http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31948
17. DSDTSE/Open/Downloads/DSDT-AS-P8H67I-Deluxe-B3-F2-HDMI-HD3000.aml
Review Device (DTGP), Device (HDEF), Device (PEGP) and Scope (_SB.PCI0.IGPU)

Reply with results.

Hi Toleda,

I just checked your DSDT for your Asus system and i noticed that you don't have ALC892 HDEF in your DSDT and i'm wondering if you ever managed to get onboard (alc892) plus hdmi (gtx570 or hd3000) audio working at the same time. If so, would you be able to upload an updated DSDT for the asus system?

I've got my gtx570 hd working fine with the hdmi audio however when i add the alc892 definition to my DSDT (device HDEF...) and reboot, the applehda would throw some assertion errors and the hdmi audio from the gtx570 doesn't show up again in the sound pane.

Thanks!

Walgus said:
Hi Toleda,

I just checked your DSDT for your Asus system and i noticed that you don't have ALC892 HDEF in your DSDT and i'm wondering if you ever managed to get onboard (alc892) plus hdmi (gtx570 or hd3000) audio working at the same time. If so, would you be able to upload an updated DSDT for the asus system?

I've got my gtx570 hd working fine with the hdmi audio however when i add the alc892 definition to my DSDT (device HDEF...) and reboot, the applehda would throw some assertion errors and the hdmi audio from the gtx570 doesn't show up again in the sound pane.

Thanks!
There are three versions of the P8H67-I-Deluxe posted: 1) 892 on board/HD3000 HDMI audio with a layout-id=188 (392 dec), 2) 892 on board/AMD graphics cards with a layout-id=37C (892 dec) and 3) 892 on board/Nvidia graphics cards with a layout-id=37C (892 dec). The 892 layout disables all audio when HD3000 HDMI audio is enabled. The 392 layout provides 892 on board and HD3000 HDMI audio.

The P8H67-I-Deluxe/Nvidia dsdt is attachment 4 http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31947.
DisplayPort audio on my GTX 570 HD is working as well http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32041. The dsdt you saw has both HD3000 HDMI audio and AMD/Nvidia with the audio id:392. At this point you can have either/or, not both, at the same time.

In a week or so, I will post a new thread for a 10.7.2 892 edited AppleHDA.kext with both layouts enabling 892 on board audio, HDMI audio and DisplayPort audio for any motherboard with an ALC892 (assuming the dsdt HDMI audio edits are correct).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back