Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Lightroom Classic missing Import button - Not solved by reinstalling Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me : I have two hackintosh and it works fine on my old sys : Asus Z30 and intel 8700K. but the new sys Asus Z690 and intel 12700K has this problem. I think alder lake is not completely support by OC so this happen ???

Hi,

I've had 5 Hackintoshes, since when it was waaay more difficult than today. I got quite a bit of knowledge...but I can't solve this problem!

I was on 12.6.2, everything was fine. I decided to go 13.1...

Everything works exept Lightroom Classic. It MISSES the import button, even in the file menu there's no import...and if I switch to develop module it prompts an error, closes and crashes. Even just lunching the app, doing nothing, and closing it...it crashes.

After many tryouts I decided to go back to Monterey, installed it on a clean drive, installed Lightroom, and...SAME PROBLEM! How is it even possible?

This is what I tried:

-go back to my previous backed up 0.8.4 EFI folder
-reset Nvram
-install a previous version of Lr
-Install Ventura on a clean drive
-Install Monterey on a clean drive
-reset BIOS and set it up again

NO LUCK! So weird! I thougth it was a Ventura problem since before it all was fine

How is it possible than an update screw something on my entire machine, that even if i reinstall Monterey from scratch on a clean disk, install a clean (payed version) of Lr, use my old 0.8.4 EFI folder that worked before, I get the same problem?

What can the Ventura update have done to my machine that survives a clean install, Nvram reset, old EFI folder...? I going crazy! Help! :)

On my Z690-i hackintosh the symptom is that lightroom Classic keeps getting stuck on the startup screen and if I use the open button on the menu bar to open LRC Lrcat file then the developer module doesn't work 。So far I am solving the problem, but I don't know if my method works on your hackintosh。

Yes, signature. Imac 20.1. Updated directly but also tried fresh install both Monterrey and Ventures. Same issue. What I just realized though is that I think I was on 12.6.1, while just a week ago 12.6.2 was released.... So that might be the problem! Some security related issue in 13.1 and 16.6.2!!! It must be... Cause a fresh Monterey jns with my old working EFI still gives me the problem... So...

I'm on MacOS 12.6.2 myself and I don't have any problem. LrC 12.1 here with iMacPro1,1 and OC 0.8.5 at the moment. Everything is working so far.

At this point if you have a paid version of Adobe LrC and PS , why don't simply contact the Adobe support? If everything is working fine expect LrC it's most likely an Adobe's problem.

For me : I have two hackintosh and it works fine on my old sys : Asus Z30 and intel 8700K. but the new sys Asus Z690 and intel 12700K has this problem. I think alder lake is not completely support by OC so this happen ???
ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS with which BIOS version? on Ventura? which sysdef?

I'm using Intel i-225v and I have zero problems with LrC.

On my z690-i hack, when the OS is Big Sur, Monterey, if I add the device-id F3158680 to the I225-V in the DeviceProperties of the OC config then the LRC will work properly, If not, the LRC will not work.

However, in Ventura Apple has removed AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext, so in addition to the above, I need to add AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext to the OC/Kext folder and add e1000=0 to boot-args, so that the LRC will work under Ventura。

Anyway on the Adobe page support in the last paragraph is written:

Additional information​

Adobe is researching this issue.
----
That can mean only 1 thing: they know about the issue but haven't yet solved it.

Do you have Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I with what BIOS version?
Latest - just got this yesterday up and running and on a very much beta testing own efi. Though seems to be working very well so far.

Anyway on the Adobe page support in the last paragraph is written:

Additional information​

Adobe is researching this issue.
----
That can mean only 1 thing: they know about the issue but haven't yet solved it.

Attachments

• Snipaste_2022-12-22_02-29-12.jpg
    Snipaste_2022-12-22_02-29-12.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back